Mostly Pix - Master-Made

Steph

I have heard the last marble I posted in #36 referred to as a snow globe or a blizzard. It's a little oversized, ~11/16, if I remember correctly. Your blue based ones are very cool. I am not sure about unmelted glass though, it seems more like bits of oven brick, or some other impurity, to me.

Ric571_zps67rc0xgr.jpg

Wasn't sure if melted or not. Can't recall under the scope under high magnifcation, what I saw. Will check again. Really like the last grouping..all of them are stellar. The big ones in the back, especially one with pink, is very nice. In the bottom row, all are very distinctive..that contrasty yellow/black one is great.

Guess the blue one could be called a blue blizzard.

John

(Edit: Cleaned up the language)

Some small marbles can be like little gems - my 'peach rose' is another.

Agreed. I've a few tiny green glowers just like the ones you posted back a page. I really like them. And let me make a clear vote for tiny marbles. I don't care the size. They don't need to be big. I have a good microscope...if I want them big, I can make them really big in my head! This bias to big marbles isn't my bias...I take them all sizes...and I've got lots of tiny ones that never were made in a larger size. Which isn't to say I'm going to chuck my shooters, heck no. I just don't feed on large marbles like they are the only thing to enjoy. John