Steph

Mostly Pix - Alley

Jeeperman! You have a Carnival?? Bill has the only ones I've ever seen. Does this mean that there's actually hope? Please please please

LOL! Yes, there is hope. I have never seen another besides Bill's but I am sure they are out there. I saw this in a bad pic on ebay listed as CAC not long after I saw Bill's for the first time. I snagged it up as quick as I could. It is not mint but in this circumstance I just don't care. =} I have yet to see another anywhere.

Pix from Dani. The label says the same on both sides. One staple was opened to remove the marbles for cleaning. Note the small mesh.

Dani001a_zpsfd76a21d.jpg

Dani001b_zpsdd834577.jpg

Dani001c_zps4d23f087.jpg

The Big 38 is a great bag. Does Dani still own it?

Darla, the base on that Tater Bug looks pretty different, not like I am used to seeing.

Nice oxblood all!

I sent that tater to Ron Ric and that's what he said it was,,,I have another alley I want to post when I get new pictures that he said was "known to very few"

I can add some to the thread:

Alley West Virginians at the top, dug at the Pennsboro location.

IMAG0876.jpg

More dug at Pennsboro

IMAG0875.jpg
56e8b8c5-433b-4de5-b146-0c0331e2aa34.jpg
IMAG0868.jpg
IMAG0869.jpg
IMAG0870.jpg

A pretty striking alley abalone in the center of this pic, all from Pennsboro

IMAG0873.jpg

Thanks! Way cool.

Was the special look of the abalones caused by being buried? Or did they come like that fresh off the rollers?

Steph, on the abalone...I've been told that the ones around the center one have a similar to abalone appearance, but it was caused by being buried. I was told the actual abalone one in the center was made that way off the rollers. It is definitely a little different. It has an almost metallic look, but with an oily rainbow color sheen to it, sort of like looking at light shining on a music CD.