Mostly Pix - Alley

Steph

Smartass idea: changing the baseglass changes it from a calligraphy to a scribble. :P

Devil's advocate idea: changing the baseglass on a wirepull from clear to solid makes it not a wirepull anymore.

What she ^^^^ said. Times eleventy hundred. But then I'm an art historian and therefore a splitter, by definition . . .

Nice little calligraphy peewee, Ric!

Man, tough crowd.

Ann, I'll bet some art historians are lumpers too when it comes to categorizing styles and such. Don't some tend to include a broader range of examples in a particular category than others do?

Ric630.jpg.f7cb378de391ed8a4650d29851a26005.jpg

Edited by Ric
Fixed photo link

Well, that's how it all starts out, for sure -- lumping like things together. But then you have this big lump of things that have something in common, This is the point where things can get sticky. And splitty. Because then it depends on what you want out of the information you're trying to suck out of the lump.

I'm not sure I like that image

I'll think about a better one . . . .

post-2163-0-56489500-1446162292_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

. . . That little rod of glass in your bottom middle pic shows up on more than one of mine.

A rice-sized piece of misplaced glass is not uncommon. I have seen the same on at least one completely different marble. I wonder how it happened - a drip or something? Tater Bugs with drizzle are around, although I don't recall ever seeing multiple bits of glass on a Tater Bug. Does that seem odd?

• 1 month later...