Mostly Pix - Alley

Steph

I have a couple of those allies boxes too. They both have alleys in them but every time I see them I wonder if they were calling them Allies because they were made by Alley and they decided "allies" was the plural of alley, or if they were called Allies because of WWII and I think these boxes are from along that time frame.  Anybody know? It doesn't matter I guess, but it's one of those nagging curiosities I wish I knew the answer to for no particular reason :D .

I just noticed that a lot of my pics in the early pages of this tread were not working anymore due to some rearranging on photobucket so I went back and edited them to work and updated a few. Some of those pics are poor quality but I was using a cell phone back then, lol.

Ally did not use his name on any packaging.  I believe Alley was a name used for certain types of marbles way before Mr Alley started making marbles.  And was used for those boxes of marbles because it was a known name for marbles.

Thanks! I kinda thought it might have been for the nato allies fighting the nazis but never was sure. I didn't know there were marbles called allies before all that. Every day I learn something new about marbles is a good day!

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised it was still there when I saw it. The funny thing is, Ernie had just bought an empty  jobber box to fill from the same guy. Can't believe it got past him. and you sitting two tables away, Matt not far away either.....yeah, I got lucky. =}