Mostly Pix - Peltier

Steph

Those are lovely Jerry.

I'd still argue that the glass quality doesn't tend to be as good as say Akro or the patches and ribbons as strongly defined. I love the Peltiers I've got but there's a simplicity about them. 

The glass for the early Pelts was made from scratch.  Akro glass was also made from scratch. 

The later Pelts were made with recycled glass.

Don't know if the switch to recycled glass ever occurred with Akro, but their later Tri-Color Agates do have a different look from their early ones. 

25 minutes ago, Steph said:

The glass for the early Pelts was made from scratch.  Akro glass was also made from scratch. 

The later Pelts were made with recycled glass.

Don't know if the switch to recycled glass ever occurred with Akro, but their later Tri-Color Agates do have a different look from their early ones. 

Thanks Steph. I've only got a small number to compare against, and most of my Pelts are the later Rainbos. I'm seeing more surface bubbles in them than from other manufacturers. It might just be sample variation.

15 hours ago, ManofKent said:

Thanks Steph. I've only got a small number to compare against, and most of my Pelts are the later Rainbos. I'm seeing more surface bubbles in them than from other manufacturers. It might just be sample variation.

Peltier and surface bubbles are a thing. I'm not sure what it was about their manufacturing process, but I've got a number of absolutely mint Peltiers marred with a blown out bubble. Example my Plum Citrus - left shot, bottom right.

Pelt34.jpg

I love seedy Pelts but I hate blowouts, some people think that they're okay because they are considered an "as made" but to me a hole in a marble is just a hole in a marble and I avoid them like the plague unless of course they are in mib that you don't see every day like Jerry's Plum Citrus and if the price is right. Here's one that I just picked up, in my book it's Killer but that dang hole :angry2: I'm thinking it's a bad *** cousin from the Sunset family.

P1240802.JPG

P1240800.JPG

5 hours ago, JerryG said:

Peltier and surface bubbles are a thing. I'm not sure what it was about their manufacturing process, but I've got a number of absolutely mint Peltiers marred with a blown out bubble. Example my Plum Citrus - left shot, bottom right.

1 hour ago, EdNargel said:

I love seedy Pelts but I hate blowouts, some people think that they're okay because they are considered an "as made" but to me a hole in a marble is just a hole in a marble and I avoid them like the plague unless of course they are in mib that you don't see every day like Jerry's Plum Citrus and if the price is right. Here's one that I just picked up, in my book it's Killer but that dang hole :angry2: I'm thinking it's a bad *** cousin from the Sunset family.

Those are great examples of blowouts (or unfortunate ones...) . Several of my Rainbos, have smaller ones, including those out of a pack. Are they found on the older lines as frequently as the newer ones?

13 minutes ago, ManofKent said:

Those are great examples of blowouts (or unfortunate ones...) . Several of my Rainbos, have smaller ones, including those out of a pack. Are they found on the older lines as frequently as the newer ones?

IMHO blowouts are equal opportunity Pelt ruiners.  

Peltier Clown.

This was a hard won marble. First one disappeared into the black hole of the U.S. Postal Service. Seller tried unsuccessfully to trace it down. She then offered a refund or a second Clown she had, which she didn't think was as nice. I voted for the marble. Not unhappy. And I don't know why I can't get a decent focus on this thing. But, you get the idea. :)

PeltierClown.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:03 AM, Steph said:

Wondered if it might be a Clown -- but I don't know the rules of Clownhood 

It's quite pretty and I can love it without a name. :)

9 hours ago, EdNargel said:

A cool Pelt with some of the most vivid colors I've seen on a Rainbo.....

P1250008.JPG

P1250006.JPG

8 hours ago, Steph said:

The spots from your lights actually work with the photo ... makes it look like setting suns .... so clearly the marble is from a planet with two suns.  

Yes with a partial eclipse of my big head