Mostly Pix - Akro

Steph

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:49 AM, J_Ding said:

Orange orange orange.  Funny word when you look at it for long, orange. Sometimes I think Akro pretty much owns orange in mibs (there are others, sure, but Akro orange is, well, orange sometimes). Isn't it? I've had several placeholders of this type of cork for some time, but always wanted something minty fresh, then this one came along.  Outside, in the sun, with a loop....wow!

(Edit... a bit out of focus...I might reshoot and replace tomorrow)

orangecorkRaw copy.jpg

I blame you for the dent in my wallet after tracing down an orange Akro cork :)

Oooooh Richard...I'm so sorry...I don't want you do go without the essentials! :)  Seriously though, if you've got food covered then you'll be good... get more marbles, I say.  I tend to see my personal budget something along the lines of marble equivalents...along the lines of thinking "If I avoid buying such and so an item, I can get one of those marbles instead..." I can promise you that you'll be happier with the cork in the long run!  FYI, you might want to skip the marble I will be posting momentarily, just in case. John

12 minutes ago, J_Ding said:

So what do we do with these really wispy corks....where do you put this?  Really a Snake, but really not too.  John

1963raw2.jpg

Well.  I have a "Ghost Cork" category.  That's where mine like that are.  It started with a transparent Vaseline with the faintest wisp of a cork -- which blazed forth shockingly when put under UV . . .

You can start your own ghost cork category, or you can just send them to me to put in my ghost cork category.

54 minutes ago, J_Ding said:

Oooooh Richard...I'm so sorry...I don't want you do go without the essentials! :)  Seriously though, if you've got food covered then you'll be good... get more marbles, I say.  I tend to see my personal budget something along the lines of marble equivalents...along the lines of thinking "If I avoid buying such and so an item, I can get one of those marbles instead..." I can promise you that you'll be happier with the cork in the long run!  FYI, you might want to skip the marble I will be posting momentarily, just in case. John

Who needs food ;)

That "Ghost cork" is wonderful.

1 hour ago, ann said:

You can start your own ghost cork category, or you can just send them to me to put in my ghost cork category.

I already have it would seem!  But I promise, when I burn out on these I'll send them your way. I promise!  What colors have you found in Ghost Cork group?  

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:33 PM, J_Ding said:

. . .  What colors have you found in Ghost Cork group?  

Huh.  I checked.  That's it.  The wispy green and the Vaseline . . .

I've probably overlooked some, given their nature, when trolling for corks . . .

1 hour ago, ManofKent said:

A little plainer than Johns's:

cork.jpg

Very nice too....good sharp colors.  Is this one orange on black or black on orange? It looks from here like it might be orange on black....which would make this different that the black on orange pumpkin corks...that orange on those too, seems flatter than this one you posted. I don't think I have one like this....hmmm, gotta add one of these to the want list it would seem. 

41 minutes ago, ann said:

Huh.  I checked.  That's it.  The wispy green and the Vaseline . . .

I've probably overlooked some, given their nature, when trolling for corks . . .

I think all I have is the green too...although, I could swear I have or have seen the blue. If I find a blue one, I'll post here. A collector friend told me that someone offered him pretty big money (relative to oddball corks) for one just like I posted.  Could that be?

6 hours ago, J_Ding said:

Very nice too....good sharp colors.  Is this one orange on black or black on orange? It looks from here like it might be orange on black....which would make this different that the black on orange pumpkin corks...that orange on those too, seems flatter than this one you posted. I don't think I have one like this....hmmm, gotta add one of these to the want list it would seem. 

It's a black on orange pumpkin.

5 hours ago, disco005 said:

Wow!! That green wispy corkscrew is fantastic!   :wub:

I have three, two orange-ish based and one yellowish base with that ghostly corkscrew. I'll have to look around, I hope I have more :D

Nice!

In line with some of the terrific ghosts and snakes already shown here, will share this one...a blue green hybrid mossy snake (well, what else could it be?:)).  This looks very seriously like a Hubble image of a nebula.  Far out!  A universe in there.  A universe! 

1312raw4 copy.jpg