Mostly Pix - Akro

Steph

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, it is a weird co lor really, it looks blue ish slightly towards purple in hand. Put it with the blues and it looks a little off, put it with the purples and it's not even close. And the yellow has a little pink glow goin on under blacklight. I love weirdos. lol But the tightline look is what drew me in. =}

Always like the blue & green snakes Although while feeding D&E some smoked brisket sandwiches over the weekend, one of their purple and orange snakes found its way into my hand. Wish it could have stayed there, or went into my pocket......oh one can dream. lol

Nice example of a vaseline Popeye, Paul.  The only one I've found so far has a few condition issues.  Oh, well, I'll find one sooner or later.  I found this in January and really like the banding and pattern on this example. 

2484raw2 copy.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is something some of you may find interesting, I know I did and do. I spent some time yesterday with D&E and was blessed with a Christmas gift, in this pic it is the bag on the right with the header. Apparently, so far there are only 5 bags known and one of those [on the left] had no header and was opened to document the marbles inside. Akro swirls! I always figured it odd that the only swirls Akro would do is the milkies and moss agates but had never seen any in original packaging. What an awesome gift for a swirl guy!

DSC09546.jpg

DSC09547.jpg

That's an oh-so-beautiful puzzle piece maybe falling into place, but still some missing pieces around it.

Since Milky Oxbloods are so different from Silver, I didn't have a good idea of what they might be called or when they might have been made/sold.  I have seen silver in original packaging, but only had a "maybe" (that I can recall) on milky.  

Now ... do we have ads showing Hy-Grade .... trying to recall ....  

"One of these days" I need to make a big poster on my wall to help me keep all this stuff in place. I have a better than average memory much of the time, but lately it needs some help.