Contemps

carole154

OMG! These are amazing works of art...WOW! It's so cool to be able to see the pictures. Nearly choked on my nesquik when I saw those prices though, but with all the work put into them, there's no doubt they are worth it.

Carole, that is such a pretty one you got.

I Like it here, folks are friendly and helpful and don't seem to mind my various questions...even without being able to get pictures. I appreciate it too.

:-) Felicia

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if I ever posted this. sorry for the repeat if I did. while it's not real flashy, this is a one of a kind that Ro made for our daughter's 21st birthday... she loves dragonflies. there's over 300 dragonflies in it.

dragonfly.jpg

Here's a link to his current auctions, Carole

Anakins Glass Eye

I love the vortex he's got on.... At 2", it's large for him, too... His work is so precise, it's almost sterile... But, it has a very stark beauty... Very "nature-like."

Oh Dani........................ I drooooooooooooooooool!!! :blush:

Here's the front of my "Sampler Shirt"..... When I took the picture, I had just started the second dragonfly.... Now, the sixth is almost finished!! Giving up my driving job is gonna slow it down a LOT!! :unsure:

post-3-1190257569_thumb.jpg

Absolutely fantabulous! Y'all have gotten some mighty fine looking marbles. Every time I see one of these fancy ones you show here, I am amazed at the craftsmanship displayed by the artist.

Sue, Great needlework..I know that is time consuming too. I crochet and cross-stitch here and there. (Just started a doily for a lil tilt table)

Thanks for sharing everyone..it's great to see what's out there, even if I could never get one, it's good to see that they are going to good homes.

even if I could never get one, it's good to see that they are going to good homes.

Felicia, if your patient and watch, they are possible to buy. Some artists do great work for not a lot of money.... Some are just starting out and need to get their names out there before they can get "The Big Bucks!!" It's easy to get fabulous work for under $100... Not difficult to get great stuff under $50... Possible to get wonderful stuff under $25 and if your persistant and diligent, there's good buys under $15...

One of the coolest feelings is buying from an upstart artist, who really needs support at the same time that they are selling in a range that you can afford.... Then, watching that artists work climb up the ladder!!

It's kinda sad when they get to a point where you can't buy as much from them. But, it gives you tremendous satisfaction to know that you were there when they most needed you. AND, you now have their work, which has appreciated in value.....

Here's an example of one of our "Home Boys."

Mike Petura was a regular here, when he started out... It was possible to buy a bunch of his early marbles for $10-15.

I think he got the feeling that his auction posts weren't appreciated in the chat.... I don't know about Lou, but I sure appreciated them.... I always watched them and bid as often as I could.

(C'mon back, Mike!!! ;) )

Just a quick salute to Bill Murray - who unfortunately is not longer making marbles. Bill has a great eye for color and created some simple yet elegant and attractive designs and sold them at very fair prices. His Man in The Moon (not pictured) and mica pieces were great.

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

Bill: If you ever decide to make marbles again - I'll be in line to buy your work!

WONDERFUL Alan!!! Bill is one of my favoritest!!! LOL

post-3-1190305587_thumb.jpg

Prototypes of variations of "The Man" marbles....

post-3-1190305672_thumb.jpg

post-3-1190305691_thumb.jpg

Don't give up on Bill.... Someday, someway (when gas is cheaper) I think we'll see him back!!

Hey, remember I said......................

Some artists do great work for not a lot of money.... Some are just starting out and need to get their names out there before they can get "The Big Bucks!!"

Check this guy out!!! Not "Playin' Real Good For Free..." But, certainly in a negotiable price range!!

Mark Christensen

Many finished auctions under $10!!! :D

hi you guys i am not sure i remember how to post its been so long, i just got so busy and am going through some health issues right now , i am on my way to the doctors to get whats called a upper GI this morning to see whats going on inside me. I will see if i cant post a link to my current action along with a picture when i get back from the hospital, thanks for all the kind words,

warmest regards, michael petura

Felicia, if your patient and watch, they are possible to buy. Some artists do great work for not a lot of money.... Some are just starting out and need to get their names out there before they can get "The Big Bucks!!" It's easy to get fabulous work for under $100... Not difficult to get great stuff under $50... Possible to get wonderful stuff under $25 and if your persistant and diligent, there's good buys under $15...

One of the coolest feelings is buying from an upstart artist, who really needs support at the same time that they are selling in a range that you can afford.... Then, watching that artists work climb up the ladder!!

It's kinda sad when they get to a point where you can't buy as much from them. But, it gives you tremendous satisfaction to know that you were there when they most needed you. AND, you now have their work, which has appreciated in value.....

Here's an example of one of our "Home Boys."

Mike Petura was a regular here, when he started out... It was possible to buy a bunch of his early marbles for $10-15.

I think he got the feeling that his auction posts weren't appreciated in the chat.... I don't know about Lou, but I sure appreciated them.... I always watched them and bid as often as I could.

(C'mon back, Mike!!! ;) )

WONDERFUL Alan!!! Bill is one of my favoritest!!! LOL

post-3-1190305587_thumb.jpg

Prototypes of variations of "The Man" marbles....

post-3-1190305672_thumb.jpg

post-3-1190305691_thumb.jpg

Don't give up on Bill.... Someday, someway (when gas is cheaper) I think we'll see him back!!

Hey, remember I said......................

Check this guy out!!! Not "Playin' Real Good For Free..." But, certainly in a negotiable price range!!

Mark Christensen

Many finished auctions under $10!!! :D

Thatks for the Mark link - I have not been aware of his work.

Are the Muurray protos yours? I have two Man in the Moons - one with sunglasses. I'd LOVE to have the Monkeyman piece - very nice! I watched Bill make Man in the Moon piece at his Wheaton Village demo ~3-4 years ago. His mold technique was interesting. I hope he decides/is able to make marbles again.

Thanks,

Alan

The one with sunglasses is my son's and I just purchased the other from my son.... (I'll get the other one, somday, I bet!!! LOL)

Thank YOU Alan, for the Mark Christensen link!!! I ran across him while looking for a Matthews Jetson picture to put in the vaseline post.... Didn't find one I liked.... and, I've REALLY gotta get to work... But, I'm really enjoying being here!!

Hey Mike, nice to see you!!! Mannnnnnnnnnnn, I HOPE everything is OK!!! :unsure:

Here's a link to Mike's current auction.....

Petura Jellyfish!!

Keep us posted and BE WELL!!!! :D

<snip>I ran across him while looking for a Matthews Jetson picture to put in the vaseline post.... Didn't find one I liked.... and, I've REALLY gotta get to work... But, I'm really enjoying being here!!

I'll photo one of mine and put it in the Vaseline glass thread for you.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!! Thanks Steph!! Yours worked... I still can't get mine to work. Weird... I did it just as I always do... It actually shows the title, then defaults to an error.... <_<

Alan, thanks for the photo!! I really would like a Super Jetson over a regular.... Heck, I'll take both!!

Now, I just need to win a lottery!!! ROFL

Nice to meet ya Mike, sure hope you are feeling better. That test is a breeze, I've had what seems like a gazillion of'em. Very kewl jellyfish. It just never ceases to amaze me what can be artistically created in a marble. I so enjoy seeing everyone's pictures of what they have. Thanks all for sharing

hi ms mopar ditto.. damn the guy told me they would look at the test and let my doctor know in a couple days how it was and if there was something important that needed to be addressed they would tell him in a couple hours so i get home and there for about a 1/2 hour and its my doctor telling me something didnt look right and they need to do a endoscopy or something so back we go tomorrow for another test, this growing old thing is a adventure and i aint even 50 yet..... sheesh :blink:

Nice to meet ya Mike, sure hope you are feeling better. That test is a breeze, I've had what seems like a gazillion of'em. Very kewl jellyfish. It just never ceases to amaze me what can be artistically created in a marble. I so enjoy seeing everyone's pictures of what they have. Thanks all for sharing

Hey Mike, I've been through the mill on those tests, over 25 yrs, (I have crohn's disease) so if ya want someone to talk to, I'm here. I can give ya some pointers on healing better without so many drugs. Prayers are with you.

Hope to see some more of your wonderful work here too! I just love looking at people's marble/glass art.