Sign in to follow this  
Speed Racer

Calling All Peerless Patch Lovers!!

IllHaveThatOne..........the green marble in the middle of your pic, with the black/yellow patch.......could that be a Black Eyed Pea from vitro? Looks REAL close to the right colors!!

Can't be 100% sure, SRB, but similar colors/same lot as the "elephant trunk pattern" on the bottom, just a hunch that they're both Pelt from what I can tell.

Well, here's my two cents!

I actually have a separate page opened up right now, just so I can immediatedly go back to Edna's collection whenever I want, because it makes me feel good just to look at it. It's just so perfectly put together and presented that it's almost painful.

My attached contribution is also "my entire collection" and although I'm having mild "I'm not worthy!" feelings, I think it's nice that most people here, even if they enjoy getting into serious "technical talk" seem to share a "bottom-line" of "if the marble makes you happy, then you know all you need to know". Wishing everyone a splendid weekend, Bob

post-2-1221686239_thumb.jpg

Here's a PPP (if that IS your real name!) I just got. Sorry about the lousy picture. I thought the shape of the "patch" was neat.

Didn't get to mention before that the reproduction box is great. With the interesting story behind it, Edna might have something that becomes almost as desireable as the original! Bob

That is a fantastic patch shape. I hope it really is a PPP. (I have no reason to doubt it myself, but am not a PPP exPert).

Does it have aventurine?

Steph, I seem to be experiencing the "now you see it, now you don't" syndrome! I'd probably have to say no aventurine, unless it's possible for it to be below the surface enough to make it very hard to see. There's definitely none spilling into the white. G'day, mate!

I have a hard time seeing aventurine too. I can see it in bright sunlight, outside. If it's there it will show up. Edna

You know, Edna, I've taken marbles outside for picture-taking purposes, but I've never thought to spend any time enjoying and/or studying them there. Thanks for a great idea! Bob

Can this be bumped? I guess it can!!!!!,What a kewl thread......I am sure additions to collections have been made,,,,would ya'll post some more?????Please????

Here are some of my ( I think ) PPP's...plz feel free to correct me if I have some in the wrong patch family. Thanks..Geez,when putting them away I found at least 4 that were wrong!!!!

post-1905-1223859779_thumb.jpg

post-1905-1223859800_thumb.jpg

They look mostly PPP to me. The orange/black one could be Akro, along with maybe a couple others, the dark red/blue-green one, for example.