Upcoming Marble Show Info.

Message added by bumblebee,

Please use our new Calendar feature to add upcoming Marble Shows.

• 15 years later...

Just (updating) everyone to let them know that our spring April marble show is moving forward here in Decatur Illinois.  So far as of yesterday around 25 rooms with attendees scheduled in. I anticipate many more but with the price of gas now, who knows. It will still be another good show and there will be (MANY MARBLES) to be seen and had. I am excited, get to see many moire of some GREAT friends in this hobby.  Chuck G---

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chuck G said:

Just (updating) everyone to let them know that our spring April marble show is moving forward here in Decatur Illinois.  So far as of yesterday around 25 rooms with attendees scheduled in. I anticipate many more but with the price of gas now, who knows. It will still be another good show and there will be (MANY MARBLES) to be seen and had. I am excited, get to see many moire of some GREAT friends in this hobby.  Chuck G---

"Thanks" for the update Chuck !! Calendar is available if you'd like ?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 1:20 PM, William said:

Shared with me today from the Midwest Marble Club...

image001.jpg

Sorry about that! Didn't see the instructions about posting too the Calendar of events when I posted this! I'm actually excited about this one as it's only about an hour away from me 👍

4 hours ago, William said:

Sorry about that! Didn't see the instructions about posting too the Calendar of events when I posted this! I'm actually excited about this one as it's only about an hour away from me 👍

Half an hour, man !! What a lucky dog  🐶

4 hours ago, William said:

I don't think we get notices when things are posted in the calendar.  So I surely don't mind people bumping this thread.  I've posted a couple both here and in the calendar.  Partly to practice using the calendar, but I for one was glad to see your post here. 

I don't know what happened to the image I posted back in June about the Reno show.  Hmmmm ....

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2022 at 4:26 AM, William said:

I posted it to the calendar also Brother, I hope ya have a really good time, I know when I went it was always over way to soon. Take plenty of pix man. I'll try and dredge some of mine up.

On 7/29/2022 at 4:26 AM, William said:

Is this gonna be your first show William?

Is is so awesome .....ask lots of questions and get lots of answers...

It's nice to see rare mibs in hand..👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could do that! You should do that! A marble show is a great experience. Especially if you stay at the hotel a couple of nights for the in-room trading, and hanging around with other marble collectors.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the canton show in Feb the only one in Pittsburgh/Cleveland/WV area planned for next year? I hope not. I moronically missed the last show a couple months ago in Paden City or Sistersville, WV wherever it was as I forget to put it on my calendar, ugh.

On a sidenote, I wonder what will become of marble shows in the future. I’m 34 and usually the youngest by far at most. Unfortunately most my age don’t care about antiques. I hope the shows will persist into the future, but every year there seems to be less and less to go to. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone know of any DC area or mid Atlantic marble shows? I’m in the DC area, or is there a mid Atlantic marble club that could start up a show? I would love to do the WV shows, but would be nice to have something a lil more local. If anyone is from Mid Atlantic and wants to figure this out let me know..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WEST VIRGINIA MARBLE COLLECTORS CLUB 20th Annual Marble Show 

May 4-5 and 6th 2023. 

DSC02916.JPG.bce5e0402246232feca6b42ba0e245e5.JPG

DSC02915.JPG.9f25328d2d14eeb3199170be7e219f44.JPG

Recommend making reservations early. People are making reservations in February. Probably will be sold out early. PLEASE call the hotel direct for reservations 1-304-489-9600. Mention that you are with the marble show group to get the special discounted room rate. DO NOT make reservations online.  May 4-5 and show day Saturday 6th, 2023. Hotel south Parkersburg WV Interstate I-77.  Restaurants and Walmart nearby. If you need a table or tables on show day contact Ron Shepherd 1-304-372-1497 to reserve tables. Show room on Saturday holds 32 tables, last year all were sold out. The WVMCC will furnish FREE Pizza Friday evening. Visit the Stephen Bahr marble show video at the WVMCC show 2022 on You Tube. 

Hope to see you there.   

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...