"color Of The Month" Extravaganza!

kbobam

I, along with many others apparently, really enjoyed the recent topic which limited those responding to showing only marbles which featured a particular color. As such, I'm going to take the opportunity of this being the 1st. of the month to say "Show us your 'clears'!" Any marble with even the least little bit of totally clear transparent glass is welcome. (And if you have a good idea for the first of September, please go with it. First person to post a topic title with "Color of the Month" in it on the first of the month automatically becomes the King or Queen of the thread as far as I'm concerned! But don't stay up until midnight; you'll have your chance and you need your sleep!) Cheers, Bob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know mine can't compare, but I still wanna share.........Okay, that wasn't suppose to rhyme <_< . Boy, I sure can't take pictures.......But, Here's some Jody Fine's Ribbons, and a fish from Germany.........He swam all the way :icon_lmao: .............I will let you guess the rest............

post-279-1228503250_thumb.jpg

post-279-1228503256_thumb.jpg

post-279-1228503263_thumb.jpg

Wow! Thanks to all contributors, picture or not, so far. I was hoping this would be a good topic but was a little nervous. The marbles are all beautiful! I think the idea of concentrating on a particular "color" might open people's minds to the potential of certain types of marbles which they might tend to ignore normally, perhaps subconsciously. 'Brown' and 'Clear' have certainly done that for me already. Cheers, Bob

I need to pick on Jill Marie for a moment.

I wouldn't have expected to like the 'Fish' but it's mind-blowing.

And in spite of your thinking you "can't compare" I'd have to pick your marble with the yellow patch and outlined red stripe as my favorite so far. (Although the second and third spots are real real close!)

Finally, I'd like to ask if "Marie" is a last name. (It's not a common one but it does exist.) Or do you have one of those neat two-name first-names? Bob

I need to pick on Jill Marie for a moment.

I wouldn't have expected to like the 'Fish' but it's mind-blowing.

And in spite of your thinking you "can't compare" I'd have to pick your marble with the yellow patch and outlined red stripe as my favorite so far. (Although the second and third spots are real real close!)

Finally, I'd like to ask if "Marie" is a last name. (It's not a common one but it does exist.) Or do you have one of those neat two-name first-names? Bob

I'm glad you like my fish.......and Marie is not my last name, it's my middle, although I do have three first names, my last name is Jaime............. I am called either Jill Marie or Jill or Jaime or even Hey You!!!!!,

My closest sister(friend), calls me Jill Marie and I sign my paintings Jill Marie, I kinda have gotten in the habit of both first and middle, although I have no problem if you just wanna say Jill........it's quicker to type. :P ......

Since you like it :D , I will show it one more time......Along with a giant 2" wirepull, and some fun sunny ones.......

:worthless:

Come on everyone, I wanna see some more sharing.......... :blush: ......................

Okay, I have to edit mine, them are some pretty marbles you all are showing, you got yours in while I was lollygagging over here........Adventurine, and Sparkler'sssssssssss :blink:WOW!!!!!!

post-279-1228504809_thumb.jpg

post-279-1228504814_thumb.jpg

post-279-1228504821_thumb.jpg

Fun idea Bob! I'm with Jill Marie, when seeing Alan's marble pics...my heart stopped, my jaw dropped and my eyes popped (being poetic)..I have to say, I am totally jealous you guys...but having seen these pics, I'll know what to look for in the future.

Keep'em coming folks!

:-) Felicia

I do too. Another one I wouldn't have expected to like. If you'll forgive me for playing 'psychologist' I think that maybe the sea critters are appealing because looking into a marble can be very similar to seeing what's going on in the ocean. It's an entirely different world. (Very "micro" in the case of marbles, but still!)

Thanks for the name clarification! Have some more thoughts on this, but that'll be another post. Bob

The zaboo photo is magnificent, technically and aesthetically. I use Photoshop 'Elements' on occasion, but I can't even begin to figure out how this shot was accomplished. Perhaps she has a spectacular gift of "balance"! Cheers, Bob

What an awesome idea!!! This could go on forever!! But, here's a few I have on file...

The power of "clear!!"

Onionskin with Mica...

zmicaonion.jpg

Onionskin with Mica, in water!!

zmicaonion5.jpg

4 lobed onionskin....

z4lobe.jpg

4 lobed onionskin, in water!!

z4lobe2.jpg

Dolphin Sulphide

zseaserpent2.jpg

Tri-level

ztrilevel.jpg

Dudley Giberson Contemporary

zgib2.jpg

And, my favorite Vacor!!

zvacorbubble.jpg

The zaboo photo is magnificent, technically and aesthetically. I use Photoshop 'Elements' on occasion, but I can't even begin to figure out how this shot was accomplished. Perhaps she has a spectacular gift of "balance"! Cheers, Bob

thanks Bob! took me about 10 minutes. I dont use photoshop. I use arcsoft photostudio 5.5

once you figure it out, it does just about everything except the dishes.LOL!

as for balance. i think most anyone that knows me would tend to lean toward 'unbalanced'. heeheee

~Dani

ps. my favorite picture is the opening page of mt St Helens erupting marbles on our website...(gotta scroll down a bit) check it out. it will be gone very very soon. actually it should already be history. I am working on a new page for the vegas show... coming soon..as they say

iamc website