• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, Everybody!

This continues to be terrific.

Dani, I did manage to catch Mt. St. Helens before she disappeared. Just great! You can't even see the strings holding them up!

Steph, the oxblood in clear is dazzling. You're waiting for the ice to be melted by the fire inside!

Winnie, isn't there a term for that birdfeather effect in the upper-left marble in the group shot?

Road Dog, your last marble looks good-sized, but I can't tell if that's a worn-out dime or custom made metal marble coaster.

Cheers, Bob

Whoeee!

Winnie, the reason I asked is that seeing your marble gave me a vague memory of seeing something similar being offered, and that particular characteristic was given a name and implied to be very desirable. Of course this was from a seller, but it is great-looking!

Catfish, you may have hit the nail on the head as far as why I've been finding the 'clear' examples so interesting. I have the opposite problem that you do. As far as I know I have only two marbles with clear in them, and I don't particularly like them. I've just always assumed that I don't like clear that much. But seeing so many great examples is opening my mind.

Alan! The Busby Berkeley of marble photographers! (Geesh, guy, if you'd put a little effort into it that might have been an impressive photograph!) (You'd better know I'm kidding!) Any chance of getting the measurements of the largest and smallest marble in the shot to get a better physical perspective? Thanks!

And now for my best "sign-off" ever. I'm going to shut up now, Bob

Here are some cat eyes, the clearest of clear. I have many cat eyes or 'ordinaries' as we used to call them, from many different collections but these are part of about 25 found in one collection. They are clearer and more vivid than any others I have seen. Would love to know if anyone knows where and when they came from.

post-279-1222049185_thumb.jpg

Alan! Any chance of getting the measurements of the largest and smallest marble in the shot to get a better physical perspective? Thanks!

Bob: The white tri-level solid core at 12 o'clock in the photo measures 2.25":

IMG_9172.jpg

Here it is with the smallest - a 15/32" divided core:

IMG_9174.jpg

This is the divided core pee wee:

IMG_9177.jpg

The large green and yellow divided core pictured on Page 1 of this thread comes in at 2 3/8" dia.:

IMG_9178.jpg

Alan

:icon_popcorn: 'OKAY' ALAN!.........WHAT A SHOW.......... :thewave: THEM ARE SOME BEAUT'S...................I LOVE THOSE LAST FIVE PICS......THOSE JELLYFISH ARE SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!, I NEED ONE TO SIT BESIDE MY FISH AND OCTOPUSS............. :icon_popcorn: I'M WAITING TO SEE SOME MORE...........

Thanks, Alan, for the meticulous response to my 'size perspective' question, as well as the latest additions. The Mike E. Shadows are hitting me hard; they're somehow different from anything I've ever seen. And forgive me for saying that the red white and blue one would be the most exquisite 'Pepsi' ever made, if anyone dared to refer to it that way. Cheers, Bob

If Jill Marie is anything like me she won't be responding for a while. She's too busy dancing around singing "I have a prize-winning mar-ble!" Or at least admiring it for long periods of time. Sorry, J.M., if you're not as silly as I am.