"color Of The Month" Extravaganza!

kbobam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...but what are the Popeye purists going to say about "clear" being a "color" of the month?

Just joking. Love to see pics of the handmades, wow, some nice ones so far, and yes there's a lot of clear in just about most handmades.

Clear-ish lat core

102_6247_edited.jpg

Not sure what this was supposed to be, but I like it. Scrambled egg?

102_0764_edited.jpg

Nice Contemp from somebody...not sure who.

100_6765_edited.jpg

A shooter sparkler I think

102_1172_edited.jpg

Another Akro from what I hear

100_4539_edited.jpg

Some handmades that Leroy helped out with, very nicely. Happy B-day Leroy, sorry I missed ya

100_5982_edited.jpg

Wow, Taunya's glistening aventurine pic on page 1. I finally saw it. How could I have missed that!

I was strolling through the thread to see if there were any guineas yet. Yes!

The marble I'm still missing ... missing seeing ... and missing having ... is a serious, out of the box kind of Master Sunburst. If I had to choose between a Sunburst -- an old style Master Marble Sunburst -- and an Akro Sparkler, right now my choice would be a sunburst. Sparklers might cost more, but sometimes I wonder if the original Master Marble Sunbursts are actually more rare than Akro Sparklers.

Do I or don't I include the pic of what I mean by a "real" sunburst? Oh sure! Of course I do!

I'll be right back!

Since it's my wishlist, I'll take a red, white and blue one or a tiger eye. Either will do. lol

post-279-1218598040_thumb.jpg

Maybe there is one already showing in the thread. I see a couple which at least look close but I'm not sure. I guess part of their mystique for me is how hard they seem to be to identify confidently as the older Master Marble kind.

I've never really studied the differences between Sunbursts and Sunsets. When I talk to Bo, he gets pretty indignant that I never cared enough to pay much attention to those arguments..... But, the whole thing for me is.... On an individual-marble-basis, either I like it, or I don't... "Who made it" has little meaning to me...

BUT, Steph, as long as you post that picture with the distinction, I've gotta say, most of that style of marble ends up in a "keeper" pile for me.... I just love that clear reflective hollow...

Making it a great choice for this thread!!!

(I'll have to check and see it I have any red, white & blues...)

HaHa... IS clear a color??? For those who remember that argument....

Geeeez, let's FORGET it!!! :icon_lmao:

I've never really studied the differences between Sunbursts and Sunsets. When I talk to Bo, he gets pretty indignant that I never cared enough to pay much attention to those arguments..... But, the whole thing for me is.... On an individual-marble-basis, either I like it, or I don't... "Who made it" has little meaning to me...

BUT, Steph, as long as you post that picture with the distinction, I've gotta say, most of that style of marble ends up in a "keeper" pile for me.... I just love that clear reflective hollow...

Making it a great choice for this thread!!!

(I'll have to check and see it I have any red, white & blues...)

HaHa... IS clear a color??? For those who remember that argument....

Geeeez, let's FORGET it!!! :icon_lmao:

HaHa! I remember it ...

As an old soda bottle enthusiast, I'd have to say that the red white and blue marble referred to in the wish-list (I'm looking at the marble one up and one over from the lower right corner of the photograph) is clearly a Master Marble "Pepsi" Sunburst. (Hope everyone knows I'm kidding!) But I am kind of excited by this. It might be time for me to start working on a sub-collection of marbles which could have been called Pepsi's but weren't. Commented recently on someone's hand-made contemporary which I considered to be 'the most beautiful Pepsi ever made". Could do the same thing with Seven-Up's! Oh boy I'm in trouble. A marbly cheers, Bob

Geesh, Sue,

I haven't even managed to get one(!) of those yet. But it's an exceptionally good point!

A point which has now officially taken me out of the frying pan and put me in the fire.

Although I'm sure my current state of "trouble" is just amateur stuff compared to what some long-term enthusiasts have dealt with on occasion! Cheers, Bob