Sad News About Patry Denton

sissydear

Patry had suffered from MS for a very long time. I just didn't realize how far it had progressed. I always looked forward to her posts. She was more knowledtgeable about marbles than anyone I ever met. I often joked that Patry had one of every marble ever made. I really believe she did. Our prayers go out to her family. We will all miss her greatly. Edna and Weldon Eaton

Sissy,

This is a perfect place to talk about and remmeber Patry. It is a a vibrant lively place so there is no more appropriate place to remember such a wonderful friend.

I have heard many cry today. They all seem to be the tears shed by those who already miss a great friend.

This is a very sad day! I posted on another board but I will say it again! Patry had told me to collect what I thought was pretty! Not what other people thought was pretty! And that is what I do! She always came up with the best pictures to help the newbie! She probably was the first to collect machine mades and was laughed at! She is laughing now! She will be missed soooooooo much in our little marble world! Patry has now made heaven a more beautiful place for us! LOL, Windy

Add mine to the voices of utter dismay. I'd heard from her earlier this year and they were hoping that a new medication was going to help her. She has been a wonderful friend for several years. Recently we exchanged fairly frequent emails about our health concerns. What a loss to the hobby.

Oh what a loss!! I didn't know Patry very well, but I always enjoyed and respected her board participation.... She will be greatly missed!! :(

Edna, we'll keep this thread running for posts on the main board, then I'll move it to the Memorial Forum, later.

Please post pics and memories in this thread.....

I remember the many gorgeous marble pictures Patry displayed.

From my 'investigating', she was also a professional artist. She knew color and beauty in the marble world as well as artistically.

I believe many would enjoy this:

http://www.dentongenealogy.org/Patandlarry.htm

(I hope this is her, if not then someone

let me know and I will remove it)

Remember the good and cherish them, for we never know what the next day will bring.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Felicia

Here is the information on Patry's funeral that I received from her daughter:

"I wanted to update about the funeral for my mother. It will be held this week at Applewood Valley United Methodist Church which is located a 2035 Ellis Street, Golden, Colorado 80401."

Sadly, Elizabeth

I just got off the phone with David Chamberlain. He is working on some type of marble memorial for Patry and I'm sure information will get posted as it progresses. David doesn't go online but will pass information through Elizabeth on the Marble Mental board and probably some other people, too, so it gets out to all. I met her years ago at a SeaTac Show and saw here a couple times since then and visited with her by email perioidcally. She had a wealth of information and pictures and was willing to share it. We will greatly miss her.

Yes, sad indeed. What a lady! I will also echo the previous comments about her artwork. For those that have not yet seen any of her work, its a must. Her marble art is amazing! I have some jpegs of her art. Would it be OK to share them on here for others to see her talent?

Derrick

Here is a sampling of Patry's work. Please, if anyone feels that the line has been crossed in anyway by posting these, then let me or a mod know and we will remove them. They are tryly amazing works!

Derrick

post-577-1217801479_thumb.jpg

post-577-1217801637_thumb.jpg

post-577-1217801653_thumb.jpg

post-577-1217801674_thumb.jpg

I recall selling a couple marbles on eBay to Patry. It made me feel like "somebody" in the marble world because a big marble name person had actually bought from me, a very green and inexperienced newbie. It makes me sad to hear that she is gone.

Derrick, those are awesome! I'm so glad you posted them. What an amazing artist Patry was! I so enjoy seeing others talents.

I had remembered where I saw some of her fantastic marbles...that longest cat's eye thread at Marble Mental (I think it's up to about 39 pages by now).

I had not checked the boards for several days and when I did, I was shocked to see the news about Patry. I had known her for a long time through the boards and was lucky enough to meet her in person at the 2004 Dallas show. We had several visits during the show and she had some of her outstanding marbles with her. What a pleasure! My condolences to her family.

I do have these two pictures that I found. I thought maybe her family might like to copy them. --mm-

-

This is Patry on the right and on the left in both pictures.

Dscn4044.jpg

dscn4045.jpg

I posted on the other two boards... about our links to patry, our fun with marbles for many years etc. but after reflecting on her passing for a couple of days, I can honetly say it's incomprehensible how much she will be missed! such a kind spirit. we were hoping the new medications she was going to be taking in an experimental program she told us about would help.

But happy that in the last few years, she'd gotten a few mibs from us that she just 'had to have' for her VAST collection. years ago she was kind enough to let us have some from her collection that we just HAD to have. lol and the circle of friendship with Patry will never be broken. ... our thoughts and prayers are with her family, and all our 'marble family' in this time of loss and sorrow.

'til we meet again ...