Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'cast marble imperfections'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General Marble & Glass Chat
    • General Marble & Glass Chat
    • Marble I.D.'s
    • Steph's Study Hall
    • Introduce Yourself!
    • Marble Friends Memorial
    • Marble Runs & Marble Games
    • The Lounge
    • Board Of Inquiry - Squabble Zone
    • Restoration Q & A
    • Help Forums
    • Archives
    • Test Forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Please type the following

Found 1 result

  1. I have several very small statues cast in 90% Carrara marble. I don't know what the other 10% is made of. The statues are white. There are a few very teensy, tiny black spots on them. I'm not a hobbyist or artist or anything. I just want to get rid of the black spots. I used an ordinary nail file to file down of one of the spots and it has worked nicely. I'd like to do the same to the other spots (unless you know of a better way.) Do I need to put any kind of sealant or anything on the very small areas I've filed? If so, is there a sealant you can recommend that is invisible when dry? I'd like to maintain a uniform appearance for the entire statue. If I don't put sealant (or whatever) on will the sanded areas accumulate dust and dirt in them over time? Or could they yellow over time? With the statues the way I got them, and before doing any filing, I was told they won't yellow over time. I just wonder if the filing will change that. Thank you in advance!