Wash Out Marbles

duffy

ZZ, I think that's not likely.

Most tank wash mibs probably weren't guinea-like. The frit is incidental to the true purpose of the process. Just a little something extra from what I gather, and done on a very limited basis.

If you have that one sitting in England, I think we can quite safely conclude it was made as an intentional frit mib for regular production and not by Jabo.

my $.02

Maybe a nice Vacor!

Never considered it as Jabo.

I like the tank wash idea though and thought others may wash their tanks! Agree on regular frit mib for this one.

OK.... I have a confession to make.

I went to Jabo while I was working at Fenton last week, they had just started to rinse the tank, clear glass marbles were running through the machine, wow, that was boring, Smitty showed me how they made the tank guineas, Griff was playing with mica and another fellow was getting ready to drop some color in, we chatted a little about the colors and how to apply them, we chatted about what ones not to use together and what ones would work well and shortly after I was dropping them into the tank.

POOF.... Dave showed up and caught me atop the tank with a devilish grin and a handful of colors, I think it was an amazing moment, Dave seeing me of all people dropping colors.

3-1/2 hours later we were done, we managed to nearly fill one of the large barrel bottoms with amazing marbles sized from peewee to about 15mm or 9/16", as we were making them Griff and I were picking hot gems out of the catch buckets, typicaly this is risky as the marbles were not allowed to slowly cool in the catch buckets. I took home a small handfull of the little beauties as I couldn't wait to see what we did.

1-1/2 hours later I arrived home and looked closely at the group of 25 I had taken, not one fracture, no orange peeled surfaces and very little if any as made marks.

The next day I returned to Jabo to see the whole group and examine them, after a long talk on the previous nights actions we opened the boxes to find nearly all the marbles intact and beautiful, my estimate on the loss rate was less than 1%, my guess is the smaller sizes were able to cool quicker and became more stable with the careful choice of colors.

I had an amazing time and thank RH for allowing me to play a little, I think the smaller size marbles are amazing, some even had the old style Vitro patterns.

About 10 years ago I rebuilt a 1934 Vitro machine, it wasn't until the other day I had the pleasure of doing what I dreamed about a decade ago.

I'll post pix tonight...

Peace.scott

Wow! This was from just putting this and that in? Really kewl!

I'll start off with favourites...lol

Second pic, near the bottom, purple with blue/green coloring, then all the rest of the purples, then anything pastel, then the blues, then the reds, then, then...

Thanx so much for showing them, they're great!

:-) Felicia

What a wonderful experience! One day I would love to be involved in something like that. I really like these color combiations! It's seems like lately we have seen alot of fall colors and lots of orange in the jabo marbles. The greens and teals are really neat! How much do you want for one single marble from this run!?!?!?!? :Happy_050:

I spent some time Friday evening discussing Jabos with Steve Sturtz... I complained about the darkness of the colors and how they all seem like "fall" colors... I like BRIGHT & WILD!!!!

It sounds like something they're working on... I guess it's not as easy as it sounds, to get what you want out've a marble machine!!! LOL

The pinks, blues and greens in those above are showing PROMISE!!!!! :Cool_049:

Okie, I haven't thought about selling any of them till you asked, I've seen the other wash outs selling for $5-$10 on Ebay, since I don't do Ebay any longer I'll accept an offer via. PM, if there was a certain marble in the photo it might be hard for me to find that particular one since I put them all back into a jar LOL.

Thanks Sue, I was seeing the same thing in the color combo's of recent runs.