Should Oxblood Contain Red?

I have been pondering these oxblood discussions for some days. These are just some thoughts that came to mind.

Realizing that no matter where you go on earth, if the word 'blood' is mentioned, people would automatically think along the lines of a reddish color. Mind you, I've never seen the blood of an ox but since it is a mammal, I would say it runs along the same color line as humans.

Now, stepping outside of the box, outside of the human realm, thinking about other things, it came to mind that the folks at Jabo looked beyond just one color, trying to keep with the characteristics of the oxblood of old but created various colors beyond red. Perhaps the word blood doesn't belong with these new examples, perhaps it could be something like Jabox or Jabonite, you get the idea, but that is not for me to say as I did not create any of these glasses/glass-forms.

I have been reading the encyclopedia and other books about glass-making and the different and innovative ways each area (old timey, European etc) made glass. Many ideas were forged through experimenting with glasses, glazes, colors and the like...pressed glass, leaded crystal and more. I think the folks at Jabo are following in the line of these experiments to bring more beauty and creativity into the glass they produce.

Well, these are just my thoughts and since I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, I'll more likely go back to pondering and enjoy looking at pretty marbles.

Have a blessed day everyone!

:-) Felicia