Griff Is The Man!

Word! is much better than your other remarks that aren't there anymore. thank you, Dave. Sami, I wonder why you got involved also. They weren't talking about you on that board. You don't strike me as the kind of person that would condone that behavior any more than Griff did. My beef is with what Galen did to a post that was very complimentary to Griff. Galen isn't stupid. Galen knows better. Galen is deliberately trying to mess with this board. He brags on MKA that he'll post and his post will be erased and he'll be banned. His post was uncalled for and his accusations are going to get him into trouble.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has actually happened.

1.Galen made a simple post at another board stating some stuff he was told while at his trip to Jabo. This was done in the hopes that it may help someone investing in future new runs at Jabo.

2. Griff posted some very nasty stuff at that board accusing Galen of being this or that and calling him names.

3. David C made reference to that post on this board making it out to be some kind thread against the foul talk at that board.

4. Galen copied that post here so folks could make their own opinions on what he actually posted

5. Galen is then attacked on this board by several individual with many half truths, lies and outright BS.

6. The attacks on me are always by 1 or more of the same 5 people.

7. Galen has not talked bad about or accused any individual of anything on this board.

8. Galen did send Edna some PMs expressing his disappointment when she posted the nasty letter from David C.

9. Galen sent PMs to Steph suggesting she try and make shorter and to the point posts at LOM since most reading are newbies

10.Galen can not ban anyone at LOM

11.I also wonder why anyone that feels that any of my attempts to save anyone a little money or heartache shouldn't be posted.(which is why my post at TMK was made)(and many other of my posts that get slammed by a small group of individuals) And I ask why shouldn't I post them. No innocent person should ever be negatively affected by any of my posts,ever, And if they are in some way I am very very sorry. That is not my agenda. I am just sickened how over the years more and more less than honest people seem to be accepted and allowed to mingle in this hobby. Ripping newbies and gullible individuals off for large ammounts of money and marbles) Many People continually say things like Its not your business, let it go, they should have known better, thats what they get for not knowing what they were buying, Oh he never did anything to me, I always got a good deal from him, why must you be the marble police ect ect. That stuff makes me sick! Its just like watching your neighbors house get robbed and not calling the police. Or seeing some treaker looking in your neighbors open garage and not letting them know.

Well folks, its like this. I was taught if you are not being a part of the solution you are part of the problem. And I still believe in right and wrong. And the good Lord allows me a little time to come to these boards and do a little bit to help here and their. If you don't like all my methods that fine. And thank goodness you are free to post your opinions. But you will never make me feel like the bad guy. EVER. Peace,Galen

Galen you have kept this up so long that it seems to me an honest man would give it up. You have chosen to believe some people who are not honorable. You have chosen to constantly pick on an honorable man. Even gone to the point of making up a story about a dead lady's marbles and deeply hurting her children and husband. You told Pete that he bought stolen marbles from my friend. the fact is that Pete bought those marbles from my friend long before my friend ever met your source JACK. Please go away with this story telling. As time passes and more FACTS are revealed, more and more of your stories are disproved, but you keep it up. You are full of venom and BS. I can't understand why you are so hateful that you have a personal vendetta. It is you who don't know the facts.

On top of that, you are focusing the blame for this thread on Griff, Edna, Steph, etc. and YOU are the guilty party. You brought your crap here from another board. No one else did. I had not posted a word about the filthy names I was being called at your precious MKA where you regularly hang out and post. Crawl away! We don't need your type of posts here. Edna

I have watched this crap-slinging contest silently from the sideline. Why this kind of negative name calling, reputation bashing and general malaise needs to be dragged to THIS board is beyond me. These posts do nothing but harm in the marble community, make the posters and the community look bad, have NOTHING to do with marbles or marble collecting and do not reflect well on this good Board.

Continuing to whip each other into a perfect froth over something that started elsewhere serves no good purpose.

Leave the manure pile where it started and don't drag it over here. Lets stick to marbles and leave the egos and personality contests for some less honorable place.

Edna dear, I never called anyone a thief. Actually Peter was simply relayed a message given to me by my friend Jack Rogers and asked to relay to Peter. Peter was told to please call Jack for his side of the story as I have always told anyone interested to hear Jacks story. I wasn't there I only know what Jack told me. I would hope anyone interested would call Jack and get the story from him, form their own opinion and go from there. I usually make it clear for folks to do their own investigating and not just take second hand info as fact. And I am not the one that brought this old stuff up once again. I am done here unless more attacks are made towards me. Back to marbles maybe??? Peace,Galen

Galen;

I've watched this thread with amusement. You turn the thread, then proclaim "why me"?

Since you have a numbered list, I have a numbered list. Try an answer them, try it without the bullshit.

1. Why didn't you copy the vile things being said at MKA regarding Sue, Edna, Steve, Steph, Felicia, Carole, and others who post at Marble Connection?

2. Why are First Amendment Rights more important to you than common decency? Are we not entitled to civility from you as well as our First Amendment rights?

3. Why is my deleting of your posts different from your deleting of posts on LOM?

4. Why is banning you or anyone else different from the suspension you did of Edna for posting Chamberlain's letter? Isn't it the same First Amendment rights?

5. What was your purpose in bringing the post of Griff, which you took out of context, over here to a board where Griff was receiving complimentary remarks?

6. Why would you want to visit a board like MKA that is masquerading as a marble board and is really a place to trash people who don't visit that board?

7. Don't you understand that you are the people you choose to associate with?

8. How did you not start anything on this board? It was you who brought the Griff complaint post over here.

9. How is it you never start anything over here, but yours is the first negative post on the topic?

10. We are not making you out the bad guy. Your posts do it for you. Why do you persist in repeating the behavior that draws attention to your ugly side and point out your intent to stir up stink?

11 Why do you always turn peoples legitimate questions into an attack on you? I want answers, not attacks.

12.Why are you trying to put the "c" word on Griff? He was only expressing his opinion that the use of it at MKA was inappropriate. Why would you try to make it seem like Griff was the guilty party?

13. And why do you play "Mr. Innocent" about the other slurs at MKA directed at female members of MC? You read them.

14. And most importantly, why didn't you object to the slurs like bitch, whore, c@nt? Have you no common decency?

15. Why do you think being a rumor monger is protecting people from bad investments?

16. Have you been paid and by whom to bad mouth others?

17. As a moderator at Land of Marbles aren't you supposed to set a higher standard for all in all your your words and actions everywhere and always in the marble community? Are you responsible for protecting Pete's work and name?

18. You always act the expert. Please share a list of your body of work in the arena of marbles

19. Are you amoral?, a liar?, insecure?, a sociopath? Please tell us what other reasons might cause you to behave in this manner and constantly protest your innocence after stirring up things.

20. Who appointed you "guardian of JABO investors"? I didn't ever see anyone ask for your advice or opinion.

21. What is good about your information? Who are your sources and what are their quote and expertise in these matters.

Not that I expect anything but BS from you, but give it a try.

Lou

I for one are waiting for a reply. I have not stopped posting at LOM but after this Pete will have to talk to me! What the HELL happened to marbles instead of vendettas. I guess my time in the mountains of West virginia has lulled me in to a sense o f civility!WOW was i wrong! People ripping off other people? Name some names! All the boards caution the newbies about crooks. But to bad mouth GREAT MARBLE PEOPLE LIKE EDNA IN MY MINE IS ABSOLUTLEY A SHAME!!

I thank all of my good friends in the mable community for thier frendship and i will talk to you all soon!

Bruce

Here we go. This is it for me here. Unless again provoked. After this Hopefully we can all get back to marbles.

1. I do not care for the vile postings.

2.yes you are

3. we do not delete posts at LOM (yes a few were deleted in the past it does not happen now)

4.I do not ban and am not allowed to ban at LOM

5. Griffs post was a slam at me. David made it out to be something else. Read the whole thread. It is very obvious.

6.Simply because it allows open posting for adults

7.I certianly do( most people that post at the same boards I do are not associates)

8.See 5.

9.Actually the first post referenced something that was far from positive. See 5.

10. I believe I am being made out to be the bad guy and do not consider myself such. its OK with me if you disagree.

11. Search them out. I like answers too and try to do the research to find the factual ones.

12. Simply not true. See 5.

13. Not my intentions. I do not like foul launguage.

14. How do you know I haven't. People know I don't like and don't use foul launguage..

15. I do not consider my posts rumor mongering. I do do some investigating before I post. maybe someone will do some research themselves and what is the problem with that? What if it helps just one person. It hurts no one that is innocent.

16. No

17.Yes, unless I am accused of something or find the need to defend myself or have something I feel needs said in a seperate forum for adults.

18.Never have I claimed to be an expert at anything

19. Nope, just a guy that feels the need to help out now and then. And is willing to take the flak to do it.

20.No one, and I didn't ask. I am my brothers keeper.

21. If you really want to know you will do your own research. That is what I hope everyone does. it isn't that difficult if one really cares.

22. I have also edited my original post into a manner it should have been done the first time. I do apologize for posting Griffs foul launguage here. I should have not done it in that manner.

Let's get one thing straight. Griff is the man!

Griff wasn't digging in fast or hard, but he was digging in firmly. He was doing it Griff-style. His objections to the c-word were clear and they had nothing to do with Mr. Wilcox. Galen's post just gave Griff another chance to make his point about not using the word about women.

Griff had started making the point in this post from 3 days before.

Not everything in life is about first amendment sh*t,legality,and someone sense of entitlement.After all,hiding behind the first amendment,you have the right to call my girlfriend,a w****,b****,or even the c word,but if you did it in front of me,I guarantee I would violate all of your civil rights,based entirely on the disrespect.
(asterisks added)

Griff is the man!

Where does one begin? I'd not intended this morning to provide any rejoinders re. the back 'n' forth occurring here as I've something more important to say which truly goes beyond Galen's continued prevarications. But this does beg a response of sorts.

I've read the full thread at MKA and Galen's purposeful choice of Griff's out-of-context remarks condemns himself not Griff. It is so patently obvious that Griff was standing up for decency, womanhood and.....why not, the American Way! You'll have to excuse me here as I've recently been influenced by purchasing some Big Little Books from the 30s/40s and included among them were Captain Midnight, King of the Royal Mounties, Terry and the Pirates so I'm a little hyped about Justice and such.

I'll tell ya, Patrick's Board has about as much content 'adult-wise' as a low rent Triple XXX film. No substance/pure filth. "Open Posting for adults" - give me a break!

I believe Galen says it all when responding "I certainly do!" to the enquiry, "Don't you realize that you are who you associate with?"

Re. the Jabo Runs. It was phenomenally pathetic how kissy-kissy Galen was while attending a Jabo run and in his "Trip to Jabo" recap and then within the month found it necessary to respond with full negativity to my upbeat and ebullient short piece regarding Dave McCullough's marble-making accomplishments. And by the way Galen where are those firsthand, personal quotes from Dave McCullough you banter around as backing your position? I'm sure Dave Mc would find them fascinating. But even more important would you finally name names and let us know who is disgruntled amongst the many investors in the past year and a half during the approximately 22 contracted runs? I guess it's only you and you were never an investor.

O.K. you've been asked to name names, provide quotes, state facts time and time again and all you can say is "Do your own research!" Awe, come on Galen, just give us one little peek into your vast accumulated storage banks of accumulated research re. this ongoing controversy.

You condemned yourself in my eyes when you attempted to use Patry Denton's death to cast aspersions on Steve Sturtz

and accused him of weaseling in on her marble collection. Got you there, didn't we! Incidentally, for those of you who aren't aware I was named in Patry's will to be responsible in aiding the Family re. the proper handling of her marbles.

That pretty much made you the weasel in that situation, didn't it Galen? Galen, you have no honor. Let honor be both thy staff and rod. "Honor sit et baculum et ferula." DAVID CHAMBERLAIN

ALL THAT'S REQUIRED FOR EVIL TO PREVAIL IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO BE SILENT.

I can remember a few years ago, when Galen had a reputation for being tactful and a peacemaker in any situation. Then all that changed. Seems to have coincided with his appointment as moderator at LOM.

I have read and prayed about what has been posted here concerning this matter and the people who are involved.

Is this MKA place something new? Why are they saying such things about people they don't really know? I don't really 'know' anyone who posts but folks here are good folks. I certainly didn't realize adults talked in such a demeaning and vulgar manner. Then again, most of the people I know here in tiny town are 50 to 80+ years old and have morals and standards.

Seems to me that Mr Griff did the honorable and chivalrous thing, he followed what was good and right, Bravo!

Mr Galen, you have said you want to help people, then you should have had the fortitude within yourself to tell those that you associate with over there, that their words were/are wrong and uncalled-for.

Real friends, true friends don't let their friends do something bad or harmful to themselves or others. I have heard it said that with bad, there are consequences and I, for one, do not want to find out what those are as life gets shorter with each passing day, so I try to live a simple and good life to the best of my capabilities.

Marbles are fun, beautiful and fascinating and that's what it's all about.

Thank you and have a great day!

:-) Felicia

Hey,What I miss?

I did give some of this a short read,this morning,but had more pressing matters in hand.

Thanks you all for the compliments.All I can say is,I will always be,who I am,,,,just me.

I havent gone over to check out the stupidity yet,but Ill give it a look.Seems there are some interesting fictional stories there for me to read.Im gonna see if theres enough words in someones post that I can re-arrange to suite me.

I wouldnt want to waist too much time on it.There are more important things to do in the morning,like a good wipe,followed by a flush.

I don't know Griff, I read his posts sometimes, he never bothered me, but whether in or out of context, this particular post of his was not his best effort, so I was very relieved, and more so, surprised, to read here that it was such an honorable defense of women, which would have been just about my last guess.

I've heard of the esteemed David C. for years, and when he started posting recently, I sent him some introductory marbles. He commented to me about the aventurine, and I told him I was a fool for aventurine, and he posted that I had said I was a whore for aventurine. I thought this was uncalled for, and I felt unsalted. "Fool" is in no way synonymous with "whore", and some of the delicate flowers here would see that word and read no further, believing that I actually said such a nasty.

With or without bad language, the meanest, most vicious comments have been made by the decent, high horse riding, moral crusaders here. The only vendetta I see is that of David toward Scott, and it seems somewhat like the conservative politician preaching family values, caught pants down with the wife of another.

Scott's board is rough and crude, rather like Scott hisself, when I go there I feel dirty, and while it's not as much fun as his Anything Goes, if it wasn't like that, I'd feel cheated and want my money back. Scott and his minions, as crude as they are, seem to pick on people they perceive as hypocrites or wussy-babies, and those here just make it too easy for them to resist. Somehow, Scott's moral values seem more honest and preferable. I rarely post there because they don't appeciate my humor, and I have wee tiny balls, and I pee sitting down, so I have to be very careful, lest they call me bad words, too, and hurt my little feelings.

For the record, I am just a white trash nobody glass artist who has barely survived the last forty years at half poverty level, and I am quietly proud of this. I've been coming to the marble boards for eight years, and I've been truly offended only once, by someone on this board, something about Section Eight housing.

Also, for the record, I'd like to say that Galen has more marble knowledge in his little finger, than I do.

Keep your eyes peelt, my marbles may soon be coming to a playground near you.

thank you kindly,

mike b.

I'm sorry to hear that Lou, because I have a lot of respect for you.

I REALLY didn't want to milk this dead horse, but I recently learned that if I see something egregiously wrong on my internets, and I don't speak up, that is the same as condoning it. I truly had no alternative, and I am deeply sorry if my opinion offended anyone.

mike

I'm sorry to hear that Lou, because I have a lot of respect for you.

I REALLY didn't want to milk this dead horse, but I recently learned that if I see something egregiously wrong on my internets, and I don't speak up, that is the same as condoning it. I truly had no alternative, and I am deeply sorry if my opinion offended anyone.

mike

mike ... if i'm oflended .... can i have ALL ur pelts :icon_popcorn: ... :Cartoon_177: ... bill :Cool_049:

post-75-1246280637_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike B. I truly apologize that you took offense at my less than delicate turn-around phrasing of your use of 'fool.' I was clearly off base in a missguided attempt to be cutesy. Honestly, although not the best way to put a foot forward I'd always thought that "being a whore for something/anything" was just an exaggeration of a serious inclination/interest. Thanks for bringing me to task on this. David