Born On Date:june 26-09

duffy

Mr. psia...

here are the facts, you can like them or lump them, this is the facts.

winter 2002 I restored the marble machine, it was not in working order, it was rusted solid and many parts were missing, absolutely not working order. I did a little more than paint and polish.

The donation paperwork hold NO RESTRICTIONS! I know because I read it. there was however an "agreement" made by one of the village volunteers to Mrs. Argabrite, that was verbal and never documented and that volunteer did not tell anyone else about the "verbal agreement", it wasn't until I called Jabo for a cutting blade that Mrs. Argabrite spoke of the "agreement" and again I will say, it was never documented nor told to any of us at the village, the papers are clean, if we chose to put the machine to full use we could have as the paperwork has NO RESTRICTIONS, we broke no rules! it was donated and Jabo got the tax credit for the estimated value.

In 2002 I made my experiments and again at the show in 2003 we handgathered about 100-150 marbles for special demo, since then, nothing has happened with the machine.

Yes time flies and memories fade, if you look back I already corrected myself on the 10 year issue.

Now looking at all the physical evidence, nobody made an "experimental run" prior to 2002, I know Dave did a couple "custom" or "different style" runs over the years, but never were any called "experimental" the closest to any being called "experimental" is when Vitro tryed to put sulphides in marbles, other than that, no mentions of "experimental runs".

I'm not here to argue, I don't know you or where you come off acting like you need to know the facts, these are the facts, deal with it.

Yes Akro, this thread went to shit in a handbasket, some people just have to throw shit in somebody's fan to make themselves happy, I am proud to have done my experiments back in 2002, I am proud of the marbles I made in 2002 and in 2009, sure I would like to say, yea, I'm the one who did it first, all I know is I did it in 2002 and prior to that there were no runs of this type ever done, end of story.

Sissy, you need not even mention my name, the things you did to me were unfair and done on false information, you should have checked the facts before you went off spouting the crap you did to so many people, at Sistersville when you publicly humiliated me with the lies you friend gave you had a vast impact on my life, the respect I once had as a marble community member was destroyed by those lies, the few people who really know me and who I am didn't want to believe them, but as we all know, if it stinks stay away from it, thanks Sissy, you did me well.

I made a few appologies to you for my foul language and my bad attitude, I even tryed to explain to you the circumstances even though they were none of your business, you on the other hand never appologized for what you did.

It's shit like this that has ruined the marble community, greed, jealousy or whatever you wanna call it has changed the game.

Yes Sissy, I did it and I am very proud of it, you best mind you own business, I am sick of you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, you've done enough damage.

Now, since ya'll have taken the wind out of my sails and tyred to make me look like an ass again, I say goodbye, enjoy your lives.

Lou, Sue and everyone else, I appologize for my anger and poor use of words, don't worry, I'm gone!

Peace? my ass...............

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never spoke to any one about you at Sistersville. I came to your table and relayed a message to you about your belongings. Remember, I told you he said you could come get your stuff. You went off on me. I backed away and never said a word about you to anybody. I've always wondered how you could think I ruined your reputation. This explains it, but it wasn't me. You apologized to me for your words that day. I never apologized because I have nothing to apologize for. You were the screamer and yeller. I just relayed a message. You tried on another board to drag me into it again. You got banned there for doing so. Remember, I told you I have nothing to do with this. you and B. need to settle this between you. My message is still the same. Your beef is with B. I am not and was not involved except that I heard his side of it. I do wish the two of you could settle it. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing from you about it. Edna

So I guess the people who told me what you said are liars too?It's like this Edna, you came to me at Sisterville and told me I was wrong for doing what I did to him, yes I went off because I did nothing wrong, you told me I could go get my stuff after I paid him what I owed him! LOL, I don't owe him anything, again, I went off until you walked away.Funny how you left out a few sentences, I remember them as if it was yesterday! Months after, I got word of you telling a few people, but then again, they are just liars. Over at that other board I couldn't help but comment after seeing my tools in your photos, tools that weren't there according to your friend, yes I went off.I'm done with it Sissy, I took a bashing and lost face, now you and MR.Sturtz have to go pick another bone, one that neither of you have any first hand knowledge of.

I have seen the pics of the machine before it was restored by Scott. Rusted all the way solid is the best word to describe it. Scott put in a few hundred hours of his own time to restore that machine. Not many people would do that. After the restore he did a few of the skinnies to see how the machine was working to round marbles. Most of the skinnies were out of round.

With the grace of Wheaton to allow the machine to run during the marble show in 2002 and 2003 was to let some people have a dream. Only 20 were sold each year at auction at the end of the show. The money went to Wheaton village. A few others were given as gifts to friends of the Village. The rest are in the Village museum. Scott also did 10 marbles of Akro oxblood cullet that he provided, 5 were put in auction per their agreement. All 5 went to one person. That leaves less than 100 marbles out there for people. I was there for both runs and feel priveleged to be there. Both the restoration and the running of the machine was done out of the love of the hobby of marbles. I commend Scott for his work and Wheaton Village to allow the running and those that participated. Anybody who has any of these marbles now know how rare they are. They are way more rare than any of the runs from Jabo in the last 18 months.

The actual agreement is really between Jabo and Wheaton Village. If you want specifics you should contact them and maybe they will tell you. They may also tell anybody to take a hike. Clyde

All I can say is Scott.....YOUR THE MAN!

I just wish I could have been as lucky as you to live out a life long dream.

Great looking marbles I would love to own as many as I could get my hands on!!!!!

Pay no attention to any "negative nancy's" you did your thing and are proud of it and you should be...........

See you on the other side.........

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott, the only thing I said to you at Sistersville was what B asked me to tell you. He asked me to tell you that you could pick up your tools. You said all the rest and I replied that your problem was with B, not me and I walked away. When you brought it back to me on another board I again said You and B need to settle this between the two of you. It's not my business, nor anyone else on this board. Now you've brought it to another board. Go to B. Settle it and get it over with.

As for pics of your tools in my pictures, I have no idea. B did tell me he had gathered your tools and was waiting on you to come get them. I don't know your tools from anyone else's. B never told me he didn't have your tools. Why would he asked me to tell you to come pick them up if I saw you at Sistersville if he didn't have them. If I could do this all over again, I would never bring a message to you. That's the only thing I'm sorry for.

Leave me out of yours and B's problem. I am not reponsible for what either of you did or did not do. However, it does seem to me that you should get in touch with him and settle this thing instead of bringing it to me on the chat boards. I cannot settle a problem between you and B. Edna

My post in the "griff" thread that upset so many people and was taken as a negative remark, was meant as constructive criticism and a plea for tolerance. It was meant primarily for some likely decent people here, who sometimes get a little excitable and nasty, such as Edna and Sturtz, and a few people who look up to them as elder statesman mentors.

Too often this board just jumps off a cliff, and it is very sad.

msb

Scott, the only thing I said to you at Sistersville was what B asked me to tell you. He asked me to tell you that you could pick up your tools. You said all the rest and I replied that your problem was with B, not me and I walked away. When you brought it back to me on another board I again said You and B need to settle this between the two of you. It's not my business, nor anyone else on this board. Now you've brought it to another board. Go to B. Settle it and get it over with.

Let me refresh your memory of that one fine day in September 2005, I remember it so well because it got under my skin so deep that to this day I can still see the expression on your face as you "passed on the message"...

you came up to me and with your arms crossed, you did not say "hello scott", you said, "what you did to him was wrong and you need to contact him and settle it", then you went on to say I can go get my stuff once I paid him what I owed etc. I have witnesses and strangers standing nearby could hear you, then you openly mentioned some of the legal issues in public, yes Tom Reed lured you into it, fact is, you did it, Scott's board may be a bit brutal but you have to respect honesty, I can't help that somebody told me that you said something, maybe it was a lie, however, you in a public forum made comments about legal issues you have no clue of or businiess getting involved in, thats what hurt my reputation and thats what I want an appology for, you had no place to say anything about it.

Mr. psia...

here are the facts, you can like them or lump them, this is the facts.

winter 2002 I restored the marble machine, it was not in working order, it was rusted solid and many parts were missing, absolutely not working order. I did a little more than paint and polish.

The donation paperwork hold NO RESTRICTIONS! I know because I read it. there was however an "agreement" made by one of the village volunteers to Mrs. Argabrite, that was verbal and never documented and that volunteer did not tell anyone else about the "verbal agreement", it wasn't until I called Jabo for a cutting blade that Mrs. Argabrite spoke of the "agreement" and again I will say, it was never documented nor told to any of us at the village, the papers are clean, if we chose to put the machine to full use we could have as the paperwork has NO RESTRICTIONS, we broke no rules! it was donated and Jabo got the tax credit for the estimated value.

In 2002 I made my experiments and again at the show in 2003 we handgathered about 100-150 marbles for special demo, since then, nothing has happened with the machine.

Yes time flies and memories fade, if you look back I already corrected myself on the 10 year issue.

Scotty,Scotty, Scotty,

You better learn how to read at a little higher level. I do not want to argue nor am I picking a bone. Please read post #43 which was my first one on this thread. I asked Brian a question. The question was...

“Brian,

Where did Wheaton Village get a Vitro machine? What year did Wheaton Village get that machine?”

You jumped in with… “Yes psia, Wheaton was donated a Vitro machine many years ago, it was restored and put on display in the museum, nobody has used it since the marble show demo, they have no intention of using it for any reasons, I am fully aware of the donation paperwork and the restrictions it holds.” You jumped in on a question I asked Brian.

I asked again … “don't understand your answer. My questions were where did the machine come from and in what year? That's all I wanted to know.” And that is all I cared about.

Now, I believe my machine facts are correct, but I will call Wheaton tomorrow. It sure looks like you used the machine without permission. Why would they show volunteer donation documentation? You weren’t even an employee. You certainly weren’t on the board of directors.

And then you told me you were aware of the… “…donation paperwork and the restrictions it holds.” Tonight you are telling us that there were no restrictions. Which is it?

You also said you made the first and last experimental runs. “You have said you made "the first experimentals." You did NOT! The name 2008 Experimental Runs was chosen by David McCullough as the name of a body of his work. You have also said I named them. I did not. Again David did. Anybody who has any sense knows that glass workers/ marble makers are almost always experimenting. I am sure you are aware of that.”

David McCullough has making experimental runs as long as he has made marbles. So have you. So what? You were not the first….nor was David.

So you see I did not disagree with you, I was making the point that David picked the name for his body of working 2008.

Migbar like so many of his buddies is quick to jump in and attack and put the blame on some one else. Both of you should slow down and reread the question I asked Brian.

Migbar, please notice that I have not posted in a long time. I never even said anything when Galen was busy getting himself banned…he did all by himself, again.

Scott, are you defensive because your claims are not true about the machine etc? I have no idea what your problem is with Edna, but why not tell why you are angry with her instead of just yelling? What is the story?

You have mistaken kindness for weakness.

“…, you need not even mention my name, the things you did to me were unfair and done on false information, you should have checked the facts before you went off spouting the crap you did to so many people, at Sistersville when you publicly humiliated me with the lies you friend gave you had a vast impact on my life, the respect I once had as a marble community member was destroyed by those lies, the few people who really know me and who I am didn't want to believe them, but as we all know, if it stinks stay away from it, thanks…, you did me well.”

If in fact it is true these are lies, I know how you feel. I, too, have lived under the tyranny of lies.

Mr. Sturtz

it would be of your best interest to not call the village and to go no deeper into you allegations.

what happened is old history, I took the brunt of the paddle long ago for rebuilding the machine and making a handful of marbles on it, since then it hasn't happend again and you contacting the village and re-opening a can of worms is gonna be a mess. certainly not for you so do me a favor and mind your own business.

You keep refering to "experimental" as being Daves name for a body of work, fine, yes he can name it anything, as an artist I am always experimenting and certainly know the next guy is also experimenting, fact is, the marbles I made back then was an experiment on how CA made Guineas etc. then the handgathering of art glass scrap color was also an experiment, nobody knew if it would work. I did it openly and in the public, I would think that I were up to a crime I would have been a little smarter?

I took and awkward stance when you asked Brian the question, why the hell would you ask him?

Knowing your history I figured you would poke your nose into an old issue and make it stink again.

Excuse me for being defensive. I would think a smart guy like you who reads above level would know better.

This whole thing started with the love of marbles and sharing a dream, instead, you accuse me of some sort of dishonest behavior and wanna call the big people into it, leave it alone.

Since handimon and Jeff Hale left, I have very rarely mentioned names in my posts, and have done so recently, only because I felt it was necessary. Names come and names go frequently here, and I forget them all. I was not picking on Edna or Steve, their names were just fresh on my mind. Sometimes there are outside agitators here, and you have the choice to either ignore them or make their day, and you always vigorously choose the latter.

I'm a "declines to state" independent, and I'm not aware of too many buddies any more.

and then, of course, I'm a straight-faced monotone, who can't spell OLL, so you can't tell I'm funny. ( OLL )

I'm not answering for Scott, but I believe he said he made the marbles. Scott could clarify that. I also wonder what the rules are governing the use of that vitro machine?. Edna

The above is what I posted. I don't see anything negative in that post. This was my first post Scott, What upset you about my statement "I'm not answering for Scott, but I believe he said he made the marbles". Didn't you say you made them? And you're angry with me and made accusations based on that? Then I asked "I also wonder what the rules are governing the use of that vitro machine?" is there something negative with that? I do wonder what the rules are and why Wheaton didn't use it every year showing how the old marbles were made. I have no idea what the rules might be, didn' know there were any rules until you posted it. What about saying that came off negative to you? Scott, your posts turned it to negative and you are the one who brought attention to yourself.

Also Tom Reed had nothing to do with my post of the facts about the gold lutz marbles. It was you Scott. You said Thank you for the gold lutz marbles. You knew where you got them and you knew it wasn't from me. You caused the telling of what happened at the Last Dance run. That thing that I didn't want to believe, but you confirmed by taunting me with the thank you. Tom Reed had nothing to do with that. Later you bragged on Tom Reed's board that the only JABO experimentals you had were stolen. You confirmed what you're angry with me about.

Yes. please -- use the telephone or private email for your personal feuds. You wern't misunderstood by me, migbar --I agree with you. I was referring to - - - others, the posts above yours . . .

Ann

Scott,

This all began when I asked Brian a question.

You attacked me.

Then you said, “I am fully aware of the donation paperwork and the restrictions it holds.”

Then you said, “The donation paperwork hold NO RESTRICTIONS! I know because I read it.”

You further post, “it would be of your best interest to not call the village and to go no deeper into you allegations.

"what happened is old history, I took the brunt of the paddle long ago for rebuilding the machine and making a handful of marbles on it, since then it hasn't happend again and you contacting the village and re-opening a can of worms is gonna be a mess. certainly not for you so do me a favor and mind your own business.”

I await your public apology or should I proceed.

I want to request a forum here you should call it "Fight Club" or whatever you want that way these feuds could be done and if you want in fine and if not fine don't read it.

Just my 2 cents I think these thread can be good I mean everbody seems to know everybody so why not drop names?

Instead of a twelve man jury it would be however many people want to be in on the thread.

We all know talking behind peoples back is a regulat thing now days in the marble collecting community so why try to hide it?

Comin' outta lurkdom to dedicate my 1368th post to this thread.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but I'm unclear how the thread title relates to the topic at hand.

Scott,........

You attacked me.............

...I await your public apology or should I proceed.

^this is no different than WWF pay-per-view...LOL

Am I the only one who feels like I've gotten substantially dumber just by reading this thread?

at what level of appallingly 'stoopid' will this be shut down ? we’ve got to be approaching the ballpark, yes?

Something just dawned on me..... this thread is soon to be coming up to the 100th post..... I'm wagering this is a ploy for general mayhem to ensue, and the admins are going to be ready with some spectacular banning/slaying for the special number. Just a thought.....

Yea! 100!

I like the Fight Club forum idea. Those so inclined to bicker (or worse) could have free rein there, and the rest of us could get back to helping each other learn more about -- gee whiz -- marbles.

Ann

sometimes there comes a time to shut my mouth. now is not the time. Scott seen fit to ban me before i could make a few things clear to that pup topdog and then had the gall to say some stupid crap himself. must be nice when noone can talk back to ya. even when you said you didnt ban anybody. sure scooter. thanks Mike for half way sticking up for me. ha ha when was i ever nasty to you? although i've been plenty nasty i have tried to change my ways, really. the reason SP doesnt like me is i like callin him Scooter Pie. i think its cute.

Lou happens to be a special person to me and i really dont think anyone should say bad things about him. the one thing about mka is the rotten language. there is no need for anyone to hold that kind of crap in their mouth and spue it every once in awhile. that post was going fine until someone got their hackles up, tsk tsk, shouldnt do that; see what happens?

Marie

Bigtee0

this is who i am and i am 70