Mike Reliford Sells The Largest And Rarest Christensen Guinea On Ebay

You think this hobby is bad, try coin or stamp collecting.

Lou

I've heard that the Bonsai board is the very worst,all those little trees and there history,and how about those giant pumpkin growers?bet they disagree too....Bo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zigafoose - yes, in my opinion buffed or polish marbles are not keepers. I also have strong feelings about nicks or dings on machine mades, especially popeyes. If it has one slight imperfection it's not a keeper. There are however exceptions, such as handmades, slags and bricks, they are keepers if they have a ding if the rest of the marble is wet.

It's just my opinion though, it does not mean anything.

I have several marble stamps, over 15 different countries anyway.

The list is over 35 countries.

I think Craig Snider (Spara50) has a few more than I do.

I'm sure Mac Scott is right in there with both of us, however,.....

I would bet Steve & Yvette Parker have them all except maybe 1 and they may even have it by now.

If i started a thread saying "boy, it's a nice day." Some how it would end up in a fight. LOL. Ebay is a rip-off place guaranteed most of the time but if you were ripped off face to face then you must accept some responsiblity. Example........I was at the flea market Saturday. seen a small fish tank with a jar of gravel inside. inside that jar akro colors were peeking out. i asked to see the jar and then to dump it out. after dumping it out the only good shaped marble i found was a 3-color (besides the clear/whispy white) popeye (red, white, lavender.....the red blends to a nice orange into the white) i asked how much for the marble. she asked me what it was worth. i asked her how much she wanted for the whole tank.....knowing it was marked $4.......she said $4. i told her i would give her $1 for it. she said ok. did i rip her off......i dont think so. it is not my responsibility to appraise her stuff. oh well "boy......it's a nice day."

I really did not have to examine this marble very long to see that it does not match any real CAC Guinea. The colors not a one matches, it is not a CAC marble. Kevin don't be butt hurt over this, I would not have paid $20. for this marble, let alone $77.! CAC Mike if you really thought this marble was CAC why did you sell it so quick? This is not the first or last time I've disagreed with B. Alan on marble ID. It's not CAC and like PT says "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Scott

I don't understand. When a marble changes hands rapidly (like at a show), does that make it a fake ? Yes, I have a 15/16 CAC guinea. It is probably not the only other one that existed or still exists. The same is true for other unusual Christensen mibs. There are lots of wierd ones out there of which we only see very few examples.