"the" Vitro Thread ! ( Part Deux ;-)

feelnmarbleous

:white-flag-25:

haha, Kevin, you quoted my question before I was done hashing it out in my mind. LOL.

I think I've seen some which people called Vitro ox which wasn't on green, but I can't remember for sure. Uh, okay, Edna is saying so.

I'll have to go hunt down the examples she's referring to.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it That1's pic you copied in Post #62? I need to check that out. Are any of those "Vitro ox"?

Yes, it's That1's. Originally from Post #49. The one in the center and the one just to the right of it (at 3-ish o'clock?) . . . are those Vitro ox?

I have brought this up acouple times with the same example! Is it Vitro Aquamarines With Oxblood or milky SOMETHING... Post #1 first marble, Post #2 second marble and post #3 is the third marble. All of them and others came together in a lot of akro/vitros. Thanks Mike.

post-1130-125125844176_thumb.jpg

post-1130-125125845233_thumb.jpg

post-1130-125125846587_thumb.jpg

post-1130-125125847727_thumb.jpg

vitroblackeyedpea.jpgMandrakes, we are just the opposite. I have 6 of the blackeyed peas. Only two of them are 3/4 inch. Four of them are 11/16th inch. I find it hard to get the larger ones.

The sweet peas are just the other way around. I easily find the 3/4th inch and only have one of the 11/16th inch.

vitrosweetpea.jpg

Since my collection is so small...... not nearly a representative example; I wouldn't put too much stock in my numbers being representative of the whole bunch..... just what i've seen. Edna

I wanted to post my JABO blackeyed peas here for the benefit of the folks who haven't compared vitro and JABO, but I'm in a rush. Going to be out of reach of the computer for a day or two. I'll check back in tonight and see if anybody has posted JABO's. Edna

I think it's time we talk about Superiors and what different variations there are if there are any.

Are they allowed to have more colors that just Red, Yellow, and White ?

Heres one of my favorites, but i also have some others with very similar construction, but they may have an extra color.

VitroElite1-2.jpgVitroElite2-1.jpg

VitroElite-1.jpgVitroElite1-1.jpg

The only one in my pic that might have something close to Ox is not visible in the pic. The rest are kind of a reddish/brown which probably looks different in the pic. For all I know the one in the top left with the yellow tail could be an Akro the more I look at it.

Pop Culturs pic shows at least one that looks like a Pelt (the white/blue/red), but most of the rest could be Vitro's with another angle. Oxblood and aqua is a dynamic color combo for sure.

Hi Mike,for your post#1/2/3. I would consider those aquamarines. As for the oxblood it all depends on what you consider oxblood. That can be a very narrow or wide topic for most collectors. For me,i see oxblood in a large percentage of the Vitro aquamarines. Your #3 being the best example of the three for aquamarine. You might get some varied opinions on #1.

The back issues of the WVMCC newsletters have detailed articles,explianations,and pics about Vitro aquamarines,superiors,tiger types,(i think) bullseye,etc. Several were done by Chuck Brandstetter a serious Vitro collector.The earlier back issues are all avialble on one disc.

vitrosweetpea.jpg

Since my collection is so small...... not nearly a representative example; I wouldn't put too much stock in my numbers being representative of the whole bunch..... just what i've seen. Edna

I wanted to post my JABO blackeyed peas here for the benefit of the folks who haven't compared vitro and JABO, but I'm in a rush. Going to be out of reach of the computer for a day or two. I'll check back in tonight and see if anybody has posted JABO's. Edna

sissydear,

You have some great blackeyes and sweet peas!

Did you happen to get all of your 11/16 black eyes together in one group at one time? Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,for your post#1/2/3. I would consider those aquamarines. As for the oxblood it all depends on what you consider oxblood. That can be a very narrow or wide topic for most collectors. For me,i see oxblood in a large percentage of the Vitro aquamarines. Your #3 being the best example of the three for aquamarine. You might get some varied opinions on #1.

When I look at #1 I think Akro. All of these came toghether in one lot. I have a total of five in all that came together. I will check into the newsletters. Thanks for the info. Mike