• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if it where that easy David, i know your new to the forums and all, but you can't just do that, it has led to many problems and arguments by "stepping up and taking a swing"

Should it be like that ? No, we should be able to state what we believe, with out having to say IMHO but the fact is you can't unless you are a well respected collector that has been collecting 10+ years, or you get called names or get attacked and bashed even if you was right.

I like to think ive learned this hobby fairly fast but i still won't state what i believe with out some kind statement of opinion behind it, i had it rough from several of the older collectors on here by TAKING A SWING, being called Dumb, Rookie, Newb, it's not worth it.

I'm done with this thread now. IMHO is a good way to not get bashed and ridiculed.

IMHOlogo.jpg

Opinions are fine when choosing your favorite color or flavor of ice cream.If you want your opinion about a specific topic to carry more weight it should be grounded in facts.Get your facts/research straight and there will be no reason for a disclaimer like IMHO.Example: In my opinion the world is flat,that is not based on facts as we all know.The earth is not flat according to my research.ATMR

Hey, I think I'm halfway respectable and I've been dealing and collecting for 20 years and I still get bashed. I'm afraid it is equal opportunity bashing out here on the frontiers of cyberspace; you don't need no credentials to wind up taking it in the ear. Actually I think the real frontiers are in sites like Second Life. We're just bumbling around here. David

IMHO I think that some of us are so full of ourselves that they do not care if they offend. They use big words and talk in jargon that is hard to follow unless you have a scribe beside you. I should have known better than to get sucked into this thread by someone who just wanted to see the reactions. Also to have someone agree with him but then say " Hey, I don't need no stinkin' agreements" Man, if I didn't like it here and if one of our fine mods would not be mad...............................I would love to talk to a couple people very candidly. So I will just say that we, the nice people, were tricked into participating in a thread that was nothing more that an attempt for personal "spouting off". :computer-18:

gallery_1772_103_2178.jpg

Hope you don't mind me borrowing this. Membership dues are on the way.

Opinions are fine when choosing your favorite color or flavor of ice cream.If you want your opinion about a specific topic to carry more weight it should be grounded in facts.Get your facts/research straight and there will be no reason for a disclaimer like IMHO.Example: In my opinion the world is flat,that is not based on facts as we all know.The earth is not flat according to my research.ATMR

That's all fine and Dandy, but the fact is most of the people on this board don't have much concrete evidence, so does that mean they shouldn't participate in the threads ? and what about all the times people are right about a subject or object without any facts ? when there right and don't know why, but they still are ?

And i agree Brian i felt the same way about this thread, i felt like i was being baited, and bit only to repeat myself.

And even when i had FACTS Marbo man, i still was bashed, and when it comes to bashing David maybe you enjoy or take it better than others, but some people could do with out the drama hence "IMHO" tends to keep the drama down, some people enjoy drama in there every day life though so more power to the people who do. For the people like me who don't and enjoy participating in the FUN would rather just keep my FACTS as an opinion, i'm going to use a so called Disclaimer which i'm still not sure how a Disclaimer has anything to do with an opinion but what ever.

This picture reminds me a lot of this thread...

pointless-781908.jpg

MARBLE ON !

Trust me i agree with you 100% there, but most of the time the IMHO thing is used for Id'ing and some times not all but some times, there is no evidence, you just know by looking at something what it is.

As far as Sturtz go's, i'm not sure the statements about him are true, Steve happens to be a friend of mine, but i am not going to say who is right or wrong, because i like you have been chastised on this forum by several members and it sucks, thats why i like keeping it open and simple.

That way if i am wrong :fighting-547: it's ok because it was only an opinion :)

I have to say I'm surprised that when I put something with a bit of a bite to it nary a "JFC' was elicited.

All you dunderheads can come up with is not even an accurate photo representation of a common phrase, evidencing a complete lack of understanding.

David Chamberlain

Maybe less of this would encourage more participation from others that have good questions or encounters to share.I have learned that calling names doesn't help to build a community.Bo

Boy was that a completely out of context and inaccurately referenced thread when the Post sighted was partially in jest and and at no less of a crescendo than the Posts preceding it. Talk about reading comprehension! And, still did no one catch how I'd concluded the opening Post here?! David

Boy was that a completely out of context and inaccurately referenced thread when the Post sighted was partially in jest and and at no less of a crescendo than the Posts preceding it. Talk about reading comprehension! And, still did no one catch how I'd concluded the opening Post here?! David

This 'IMHO' is being used to distraction, IMHO

Is pretty cut and dry is it not ?

Oh, and that "I don't need no stinkin' agreements" remark was for anyone remotely familiar just a funning slant with Edna on the famous "I don't need no stinkin' badges" line from the movie. And you've gone and turned it around to say that I'm being exclusionary and offensive. Get real! This thread from the get-go has not been a bait or anything other than an honest expression re. a much used acronym IMHO. Yikes! David

Oops Kevin, I'm talking about the 'JFC' post that Bo referenced. David P.S. You know what, not from being afeared or anything but I think this is a good time to lock this thread down if any thread were to be locked down! It has been bled for whatever mileage could be got out of it.

Oops Kevin, I'm talking about the 'JFC' post that Bo referenced. David P.S. You know what, not from being afeared or anything but I think this is a good time to lock this thread down if any thread were to be locked down! It has been bled for whatever mileage could be got out of it.

No worries David, im glad to have you aboard, but you minds well get used to the whole IMHO thing, it's not gonna change any time soon lol

IMHO I think that some of us are so full of ourselves that they do not care if they offend. They use big words and talk in jargon that is hard to follow unless you have a scribe beside you.I should have known better than to get sucked into this thread by someone who just wanted to see the reactions. Also to have someone agree with him but then say " Hey, I don't need no stinkin' agreements" Man, if I didn't like it here and if one of our fine mods would not be mad...............................I would love to talk to a couple people very candidly. So I will just say that we, the nice people, were tricked into participating in a thread that was nothing more that an attempt for personal "spouting off". :computer-18:

IMHO he's hit the nail on the head

Bo, Actually I find the use of IMHO as rather prissy. And I'm not surprised that you'd jump to the "Nelly" accusation because of the "high heels" bit. That would be typical of the MKA take on things like dolls must obviously mean he's a Pedophile. Are you putting yourself in the same knee jerk response?

Another thing: When people start taking an affront to more than one syllable words you know that the Board has devolved to the lowest 'common' denominator. I think some manning up to our own deficiencies are in order. But really I'm not foisting some Spelling Bee on any of you; this is just the way I talk/write and for that I'm taking it in the ear. Get real! David

Are you putting yourself in the same knee jerk response?

David

David ,are you fishing for a knee jerk response? IMHO you are,that was the purpose of your thread,from the beginning.Also I had never heard of MKA until you mentioned it here at MC and I believe you included a link.IMHO is a courtesy and a disclaimer at the same time.If you don't like it don't use it.Bo