David,

You are Puck! I agree with Ziggy, Robin, and Bo Kempf. I think that people like you have who have been involved in many of the major marble issues of the last 20 years, written articles, and speak with great polysyllabic avoirdupois should at least be banned.

I further think you should be sent to the stocks, flogged, and taunted by gay little chants like MOMO from the ubiquitous masses who prefer to speak with opinions than learn or hear the facts.

To the stocks with him!

IMHO Peace…

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David,

You are Puck! I agree with Ziggy, Robin, and Bo Kempf. I think that people like you have who have been involved in many of the major marble issues of the last 20 years, written articles, and speak with great polysyllabic avoirdupois should at least be banned.

I further think you should be sent to the stocks, flogged, and taunted by gay little chants like MOMO from the ubiquitous masses who prefer to speak with opinions than learn or hear the facts.

To the stocks with him!

IMHO Peace…

Its Steve right?

I see your only road is to mock/ridicule. Just like David Im sure it is under the guise of humor or lightening the mood ???

I for one am very disapointed all I heard for weeks were thing like "great David finally is comming to the internet" or "good David will share his marble knowledge via internet "

and so on so forth but what did we really get? A guy that has lots of marble knowledge to share but for whatever reason be it ego,fame,stature can't come across other than full of himself.It took about three posts for me to get tired of the over use of fancy three syllable words ,dont get it twisted I know the meanings and the proper usage but come on its general marble talk not a darn graphic novel or a Harvard speech. Does he really talk like that in everyday conversations about things less than astrophysics. REALLY??

David your reputation was enought to make many of us listen so there is no reason to "show us" how smart you are thru your vernacular.

Maybe MANY of us are reading you wrong David but this is how you come across via internet.

Maybe we are all to "interneted"? When you talk face to face with someone you can read the emotions that come with the words but the internet is void of that so the words you use need to be choosen in a different mind set. Think about this a simple EMOTICON :music-rocker-001: can relay what may take a dozen big words to get your point across.

Strange isn't it this new word of the internet?

I can say "hey so and so you suck!" and end it with a period.

OR I can say "hey you suck" LOL

Two totally different ways to come across and all it took was a little LOL.

STRANGE HUH?

Now before it gets turned again Im not suggesting you give up words for funny little characters :jumping-1020: Im just giving you, a guy that was supposed to do great things via internet some feedback as to why not everyone enjoys reading you post's

Maybe some of us really are to stupid and its OUR fault we cant relate to you?

Who really knows as these are just IMHO.

Ok Ill stop know and read the replies but I have no plan to revist this thread so you guys get the last word so have at me

-_-

Ziggy,

I apologize to you and the others. I didn't mean to make fun of you. I meant my piece as a jibe to the folly of the whole thread. I rarely speak in big words and when I do, I am usually fooling around. On the other hand, I don't think it fair of you or anyone to judge or penalize anyone for having a good vocabulary or working hard to be educated or to work hard at anything.

I meant my piece to be folly in the spirit of Swift's "A Modest Proposal."

Again,I apologize.

Post #80 was one of the stupidest that I've come across in awhile. If you don't know the meaning of a word, how about looking it up in the dictionary, if you have one? It's pretty damn bad if we have to worry about some uneducated loser with a deficient vocabulary, being jealous of someone else's vocabulary.

And if you DO know the meaning of a polysyllable word, but don't want people to use words that are more than two syllables long, TOUGH!!!

Holy Cow, i thought i would never see that old Gold Master Marble Box pop up again. I wish i would have kept that thing now, or at least back filled it, it had some NICE MASTERS in it !! plus the ones i put in there to fill it <_<

If anyone would like to say "Told you so" please feel free LOL

Kevin;

Yes, I could of locked it down, and I probably should of. I also probably should of suspended you for spamming the board with multiple duplicate posts in this thread.

I have a fine line to walk. If I close it, some will say I closed it too soon as they didn't get a chance to respond.

Sometimes I feel that this board if full of crybabies and B.S. artists.

Today I could shut the whole board down and not think twice about it.

I don't need to be told how to do my job.

Lou

HAHA Suspended me ? for spamming ? I WAS TRYING TO DIFFUSE A PROBLEM!! Because the mods don't do there job, i didn't say the Admin doesn't.

And if you want to shut the board down you have every right, but i don't think people should be allowed to respond to things that where being said in that thread, it was leading to problems, o well you do what you want.