Trades?

zaboo

lol! our house has been called 'the museum' for years... there's 'stuff' everywhere. hubby lOves those yoyos, so I thought what the heck! maybe someone has some for trades, or may find some!

I better not let Becky see the Master Tray or she may want to work a trade :-). Actually she has a couple in that that color already so I am safe!I don't even know where all my yo-yos are packed. We had a relative's young girl live with us for a year and half because her single mother went to Iraq so the yo-yos got packed up from that room along with marbles and other items. Now the wooden tops are in marble room............

Don

lol! when ya find them again, give me a yell!! and a list of what else you collect. sounds like our house.... something different on every floor and room. it was hard to have a simple guest room. the music room doubles sometimes as a guest room tho. Alan B. loved that room. it's almost entirely 1960's to 70's stuff.(rat finks stuff, old original posters. cocal cola stuff, literally thousands of LP's)... god yes, it is everywhere!heehee

lol! when ya find them again, give me a yell!! and a list of what else you collect. sounds like our house.... something different on every floor and room. it was hard to have a simple guest room. the music room doubles sometimes as a guest room tho. Alan B. loved that room. it's almost entirely 1960's to 70's stuff.(rat finks stuff, old original posters. cocal cola stuff, literally thousands of LP's)... god yes, it is everywhere!heehee

Music Room ? and if you guys like Coca Cola stuff, i have some really nice items you would probably want, most of our Advertising stuff is vintage though...

Dani:

We want one of those music rooms but house is too small. We have thousands of albums and 45s also but they are hidden, boxed up or are in closets along with extra turntables. I have a small room that was built as a "mud room" between garage and living room that would like to put the albums in but it now houses the thousands of remaining comic books from my once large collection and a bunch of may marble boxes and loose marbles not in the marble room! The upstairs rooms have an eclectic mix of collectibles including Pezs, Barbies, toys, old baseball memorabilia, some marbles items, unusual comic items, games, old fishing items, autographed Science Fiction items and books, etc. The favorite rooms of visitors (museum was what one friend said...). Garage sales and flea markets 20 years ago used to be fun when you could get a Beatles album for a quarter .....

Don

Thank you all.

Now I don't feel quite so wierd, being a marble freak who also has a stash of yoyos (just a few, but nice old ones!), toy horses made before 1960, the whole series of Hartland western horsemen (large champs and small champs, except for the very very very rarest), some Hopalong Cassidy stuff, some shells, mineral specimens, some . . .

Ann

Nice yoyos Kevin - I would work a trade for marbles if interested also. Hey dani as a kid around 1962 I saw a special set of Duncan jewel yoyos in a wooden box - 4 yoyos to the set. Has hubby ever seen one of these sets? I have never seen one advertised. This picture with four different colors reminded me of that set.

Don

check your PM kevin... I LOVE the scotty dog!!!!too cool! we certanly seem to have a lot in common... and I have found that almost all marble collectors also collect other things! maybe that would be a fun new thread! what else does everyone collect besides the little round glass balls? Nope Ann, you're not weird at all! LOL!

do ya'll collect Alox yo-yo's too? they're not fancy. but they're marble-relatable!

edit: actually I don't know how fancy they are. there was a "4 jewel" model - just saw a ref to it at a yo-yo site.