Akro's Appraised At Antique Road Show

when i saw these .. flashback .. the first w.v.m.c.c. show ... if these are the same, and they look it .. were sold to joe wilkerson .. and 15 min. later he was told they were .. jabo's. cherry red base with the spiral. and the sellers from clarksburg were removed from the show within hrs. i mailed this seller ... and was " really" assured they were the real-deal. roadshow appraisal and all .... bill

when i saw these .. flashback .. the first w.v.m.c.c. show ... if these are the same, and they look it .. were sold to joe wilkerson .. and 15 min. later he was told they were .. jabo's. cherry red base with the spiral. and the sellers from clarksburg were removed from the show within hrs. i mailed this seller ... and was " really" assured they were the real-deal. roadshow appraisal and all .... bill

Billy, JABO?? I've never seen any like those. They look like they are from South of the Border to me. I' ll bet Andy doesn't know who you are or what your avatar represents. I'llo bet we both have friends who have dug more Akro that the appraiser has ever seen. Wonder if he could ID some of those?

Billy, JABO?? I've never seen any like those. They look like they are from South of the Border to me. I' ll bet Andy doesn't know who you are or what your avatar represents. I'llo bet we both have friends who have dug more Akro that the appraiser has ever seen. Wonder if he could ID some of those?

been awhile steve. ron's memory will serve better. they .were new .. and it hit the fan when joe found out. due south as has been said. corrected. bill

Hey Bill, I remember that show, I think Joe was rooming with Ed Parsons, he showed them to me and I told him they were new mexican marbles, I think he paid $10 each after the kid told him some story about how old they were, I remember him running after the 2 guys, he was furious. LOL

Hey Bill, I remember that show, I think Joe was rooming with Ed Parsons, he showed them to me and I told him they were new mexican marbles, I think he paid $10 each after the kid told him some story about how old they were, I remember him running after the 2 guys, he was furious. LOL

monday steve and my memory is good ... today. the story was .. har .. his parents lived the street above the plant, they do, and while digging the garden,.. walla .. these popped up. shiny and new. and joe was red-faced and pulsing the whole time. bill

I remember that show well. It was the WVMCC first show at the Mineral Wells location. Joe W. was not lucky or happy that first day and somewhat new to the hobby. Yes,after buying these,he was told that they were new. Some said Mega and some may have said Jabo but definately new. But that was not the only mistake,he had also bought a guniea. He then resold it and the buyer had me look at it for a opinion. After a couple more confirmations,it turned out it was a fake,remelt. Joe,refunded the buyers money instantly. Joe was red faced,pulsing,and upset but he was not the only participate to have problems with a certian small group of individuals. There were to many similiar complaints from to many honorable people. So the trap was set and the bait taken. I then confronted the group and ask them to leave the show. When a friend and pro boxer stepped in to even the odds,they decided to leave. That was the only time so far and i hope the only time that i ever have to ask someone to leave a WVMCC show. But for some unknown reason,the remainder of that show went smooth,uneventful and ended successfully.

Even the roadshow has BAD appraisals. The experts are not always 100% correct all of the time. Even the experts are human and only giving advice they believe correct at the time. The problem is if the seller had new,more or better info,before the listing ??? Or did they change the listing or end it once they got better info ???????

They are for sure a nice looking marble both in sight and in hand. "Jabo is the brand". I have a lot of them in which I hoped would never make buyers think they where C.A.C. Keep a look out! The saddest side of this is that a person can find a akro side to almost everyone of them! Thanks Mike.