Master Marbles Appreciation Thread

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pop, I think I'm seeing mostly Vitros there, and a couple of Japanese marbles.

the one pictured alone looks Japanese. often called a "Wales" marble because of the brand name on some of the packaging it came in.

I believe yours to be American-made, Kevin.

There is an on-going discussion of who would have made it, Alox or Master. Been famously seen in Alox packaging, straight from the factory, well, straight from the house of the president of the company. Also been seen in Master Cat's Eye packaging. So we would be talking mid-50's or later with the Master bags.

Cool, when i posted it for ID and suggested Master i got mocked and it was id'ed here by several people as German, never got one Master id on it, so i never had it with my Masters, it is 1"

Sorry Bo, i was just going by what everyone else told me on mine awhile back, and noticed yours had that peel to it.

Kevin ,yes yours are master,the surface is the same orange peel,crystal clear glass,same construction.I think I have a 1" pepsi around here.That's a master too?I got, all three together at the same time ,these are more impressive.Kevin,go outside and take some pictures and you'll see the similarites better,I always try to take pic's in full sun,high noon.They were designed to be played with and looked at outside,according to my reasearch.Bo

Ah, Master marbles....been on a Master's kick for a while now. For a "common" marble, they seem to me to be uncommonly hard to find, at least in the wild. Here's a few pics from the "MasterJar". Unfortunately, the pics of my Masters tray, the one that holds the best of the best, just didn't turn out very well.

100_4470.jpg

100_4471.jpg

100_4472.jpg

And, no, I didn't pay $30 for that marble LOL :lol:

100_4473.jpg

100_4474.jpg

Here's a close-up of a few nice ones from the jar.

100_4476.jpg

Dink