• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uhhhh. Yea.

Isn't the title of this thread "Diaper Folds?"

This has the potential to be an interesting thread, since there are some mighty fine diaper folds out there in the world.

Put up some nice ones. Not sulphides, onionskins, joker-type swirls, and whatnot.

Diaper folds. Make everybody happy.

Heres one, ann

My link

Okay, as a new member, I think I have seen a few diaper fold marbles posted that now I can look through my humble collection and see what I got....if anything. (I have seen some awesome older posted diaper folds on other sites that really are fantastic! I think the name is apt). Give me some time to peruse and upload. Hopefully I have something that is a diaper fold. I could always default to a Pampers folding demo, but my daughters how flown the coop many years ago, so I would probably have to purchase a box of diapers just to get the instructions, which is not what I want to do and really veers off the marble topic. Here goes nothing! I will post back with results. Hopefully not a smelly diaper. :rolleyes:

Well I was very excited when I first saw this thread about diaperfolds.I had to wait till fri. to get pics,the first mib I took pics of,which I thought was a diaperfold wasn't.As I was about to post pics I literally tripped over the definition of diaperfold,meaning a marble with only one seam.Yikes,back to the pile and after all that,I found only three that met that critical criteria and they were all industrial-ugly compared to those beauties you posted.I have come to the conclusion that diaperfolds are very rare.

Well it's been awhile now and these will have to do for discussion sake.Two questions I'd like to ask,first does anyone have an idea of the percentage of diaperfold(single seam) to double seam opauqes made? Second question is does anyone have any idea how they were made? These opauqes are very plain and both are purple, is this signifigent? If anyone has single seam CAC to compare to these I would like to see them.I am going through slags now looking for diaperfolds and found one so far.The construction of all three marbles are the same ,single seam and the glass flows directly around the marble with some wavering.This is a great subject and I think much can be learned.bo

post-1768-125417276821_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125417278456_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125417280207_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125417281952_thumb.jpg

Well it's been awhile now and these will have to do for discussion sake.Two questions I'd like to ask,first does anyone have an idea of the percentage of diaperfold(single seam) to double seam opauqes made? Second question is does anyone have any idea how they were made? These opauqes are very plain and both are purple, is this signifigent? If anyone has single seam CAC to compare to these I would like to see them.I am going through slags now looking for diaperfolds and found one so far.The construction of all three marbles are the same ,single seam and the glass flows directly around the marble with some wavering.This is a great subject and I think much can be learned.bo

my S.O. used to be split 50/50 single seam to double seam. Its more like 60 double/ 40 single. I had this conversation with Galen once, and I think his fugures were pretty close. Minds well call it a tie. IMHO

Unfortunately, I don't have enough CAC SOs to offer a percentage, but I have a good collection of CAC slags, and most of them are double seamed. Maybe 10% diaper folds, or even slightly less. Not saying that I have a representative CAC slag collection, just a fair number (maybe 40?) in a wide spectrum of colors.