Any Diaper Folds

mswitzer3

As far as i know ,slags with folds have always been considered diaper folds!

Yes,I agree with you,this is the marble I immediatly thought of when you started this post.Thanks Catfish and Ann for your information.

I'm not trying to hold anyone to any definition I only became intriqued after looking at these single seam mibs.It's especially interesting to try imagining how they made them without a tail or a second seam.I'm not a CAC collector,I can afford Peltiers,the CAC's I have were tag alongs from other groups I have gotten.So this is new to me,thanks for your patience.bo

post-1768-125425191492_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125425193449_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125425195613_thumb.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I know I'm supposed to know all this diaper fold stuff.... But honestly, I only pay moderate attention to it. There's so much more "technical knowledge" out there now... For most of my years of collecting, this info was way TMI... I never cared much about it then and I only mildly care about it now... Serious ID of machine mades isn't a priority for me....

That said.....

The marble above is a Pelt Rainbow, right?? ( :unsure: )

Is the seam of a rainbow a diaper fold???

(I can envision a thousand pairs of rolling eyes........ LOL)

I knew Ms.Switer had a Killer Kollection !!!!

Her Great Great Grandpa made some killer

hand-mades back in the "Old Country" ! I heard

she was involved in some kinda sting operation

in Zurich about a week ago. She was going to meet

some movie director for a screen test. I don't think

he'll be shoot'n that movie. I wonder if she sells

marbles in Zurich ???

Packers vs. Vikings Monday Night Football !!!!

I'll be gril'ln some elk steaks !!! FARVE.......THE MAN....in purple !!!

The marble above is a Pelt Rainbow, right?? ( :unsure: )

Is the seam of a rainbow a diaper fold???

(I can envision a thousand pairs of rolling eyes........ LOL)

It looks like a Pelt Rainbow to me -- and since only marbles with one seam can be described as diaper folds, no, it's not one. Pretty much by definition, a Pelt Rainbow (of any variety) has two seams. Sometimes the seams are a little wierd, or close together, but they're both there.

Ducking in.

SingleSeam_mandrakes.jpgSingleSeam_mandrakes_b.jpg . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . SinglePin_SimplySerina_sm2.jpg

(I think the marble photos came from Manddrakes' auctions)

Ducking out.

You didn't see me. :ph34r:

(whisper)

You've just posted the first vintage diaper fold in this thread. Thank you!

(you didn't hear it from me. I'm outta here too -- thread wise. Probably.)

(whisper)

You've just posted the first vintage diaper fold in this thread. Thank you!

(you didn't hear it from me. I'm outta here too -- thread wise. Probably.)

Says Ann, LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVENT A CLUE ABOUT VINTAGE DIAPER FOLDS.

Here is a favorite of mine ,it's just over one inch.I believe it to be a CAC slag two seam marble.But I had a thought,if this was a Peltier marble it would still be a two seam marble,right? Sooo... maybe some of these definitions could apply to other than CAC marbles.There are marbles out there that have no seams(that I can find)so seamless could apply to marbles other than CAC marbles.Now the sticky one the diaperfold,perhaps a better name would be single seam. OK,I have Peltier marbles that have a single seam,but they don't look like the CAC single seam marble(constructionwise).What marble has a single seam like the CAC diaperfold(single seam)? So maybe the diaperfold definition is a CAC thing and other single seam marbles are just single seam? Make any sense?

But,in my opinion we can't give more creedence to a definition than we can the marble.In other words what is more important,the definition of a marble? or the story of the marble? Have we gone to far with definitions ,naming,etc.It's enough for me to know who made it,maybe a little more info would be nice.But too much info takes us into an area that can be a minefeild of dissagreement.

One last thought.What kind of collector are you? I am like the bottle digger that digs up a bottle that has'nt stood on a shelf in a hundred years.Hello bottle! and now I have the satisfaction of cleaning it up and putting it back in it's rightful place with it's kin on my shelf.It's enough to know who made it,a little more info would be nice.I feel the same about my marbles,I am satisfied to put these marbles back with there kin,a little more info is nice.I know not everyone feels that way but these are my opinions.That's enough for now.bo

post-1768-125449830691_thumb.gif

post-1768-125449833258_thumb.gif

Says Ann, LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVENT A CLUE ABOUT VINTAGE DIAPER FOLDS.

If you're referring to photos of examples you've posted, it's not possible to tell from the head-on views if they're single single-seam examples or not. I believe this was also mentioned by another poster who asked for additional views, which have not yet been provided. The blue slag example posted by modularforms presents the side-on view that enables us to see that it is, in fact, a single-seam marble, or "diaper fold." If you have that view of any of your examples -- just the vintage ones -- please post them for those of us who are interested.

Ann

Here is a favorite of mine ,it's just over one inch.I believe it to be a CAC slag two seam marble.

That's a beauty!

And you've brought up an interesting point. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever heard the term "diaper fold" used with anything other than CACs. But I also can't think offhand of a Peltier I've ever seen that had only one seam. Sometimes the second seam is a little hard to find, because it's short and too near the other seam -- even at a wierd angle to it sometimes (that's true of CAC slags as well)-- but I've always seen a second one on Peltiers. Keeping in mind I have not seen every Peltier in the world.

And I think your attitude about collecting is about as healthy as it gets -- some like more, some prefer less information. It's entirely individual, one is not better or worse than the other. Whatever floats your boat, as They say - - -

Ann

If we need to re-examine this thread I will be happy to;)

No need.

Just do you have any photos that show vintage diaper folds, from an angle that shows conclusively that there's only one seam? That you'll post for "free?"