Any Diaper Folds

mswitzer3

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a favorite of mine ,it's just over one inch.I believe it to be a CAC slag two seam marble.

That's a beauty!

And you've brought up an interesting point. But I also can't think offhand of a Peltier I've ever seen that had only one seam. Sometimes the second seam is a little hard to find, because it's short and too near the other seam -- even at a wierd angle to it sometimes (that's true of CAC slags as well)-- but I've always seen a second one on Peltiers. Keeping in mind I have not seen every Peltier in the world.

Thanks Ann,I must have been quoting Bob Block 3rd edition about miller swirls"these marbles have only one seam".Well we know nothing can be that simple and I'm not the keeper of the rules,but that's were my info came from.

Thanks Ric and everyone for all the great pics,I have some time now to go through some of my stuff and I'm able to Id those diaper folds better now that I have seen more examples! Hoping to see more.bo

I was a little sceptical about the 30%-$40% diaperfold ratio but Ive found six so far and just starting hmmm.This purple slag here ,is that one seam or two seams close together? What is really cool is when I find one like this yellow/black two seam opaque,does that look electric?

post-1768-12546052972_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125460530896_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125460581409_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125460585345_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125460586682_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ann,I must have been quoting Bob Block 3rd edition about miller swirls"these marbles have only one seam".Well we know nothing can be that simple and I'm not the keeper of the rules,but that's were my info came from.

Now I'm gonna have to go back and look at my (pitifully few) miller swirls . . . they're so whirley I didn't even associate them with the seam angle!

I assume this is not Christensen, but what? Single seam.

Burt

Wow. Don't know. Did the same folks that made the German banded transparents make banded opaques? I don't know very much about machine-made Germans. Anybody?

A German Banded Opague is a handmade cane marble... Not machine made... There is also a banded transparent German handmade... (Looking much the same, on.... You guessed it.... Transparent glass!!)

Names of machine made marbles have stepped all over handmade names, so if there is a German banded transparent machine made, that is the case and I'm just not "up" on the new (Very confusing) lingo...

A German Banded Opague is a handmade cane marble... Not machine made... There is also a banded transparent German handmade... (Looking much the same, on.... You guessed it.... Transparent glass!!)

Names of machine made marbles have stepped all over handmade names, so if there is a German banded transparent machine made, that is the case and I'm just not "up" on the new (Very confusing) lingo...

Yes, not talking about the German handmades -- I was thinking of the German machine-mades that look a lot like Christensen one- and two-seam slags, but seem to have the white distributed much more evenly, or regularly. This one of bermar's has that "very regular" look, but I've only recently started learning about the German machine-made banded or striped transparents, so I don't know if they also come (or came) in opaque versions. If they do, then that would be my guess for this one.

If not -- no clue! But a nice diaper fold anyway!

Ann

I have a single seam MK, a coupla single seam Akros including a carnelian, and even a single seam cat eye (or pretty darn close to being single seam - hard to tell with the clear, you know).

My bumblebee:

MK_singleseam_bumblebee-1.jpg

maybe you saw me :ph34r:

"Sit back, relax, smile, enjoy the pictures and try to remember we're talking toys here...

Terminology is not CRITICAL!!! Especially where clearies are concerned!!! One slip of the tongue, or twist of a term shouldn't start a lynchin'.... " quote Scoop in September.

In September,it was all right that some could not distinguish between a clearie, a Sunset, or a cat's eye.

Since I assume you meant both this month's and last months statements, when does defintion become important?

when does defintion become important?

Definition is always important... Just not worth fighting over.

There are a LOT of differences between the cleary issue and this issue.

But again, like a book definition of clearies, not worth fighting over, or bringing up.

Definition is always important... Just not worth fighting over.

There are a LOT of differences between the cleary issue and this issue.

But again, like a book definition of clearies, not worth fighting over, or bringing up.

Sue, You are wrong. Definition is always important so we are all talking about the same thing. Seems to me that many a fight on the chat boards have been as a result of a defintion not being used correctly.

Were I to follow your logic to the extreme then one hand gathered is the same as the next. AND, we both know that is not true any more than a cat's eye and a clearie are the same.

I'm sorry... I beg to differ with you both... I think there's a time for being specific about a definition and then there's a time for getting REAL...

When someone trips over a word like "cleary," posting a book definition, rather than taking it lightly and making a bit of a joke out of it, is purely an OCD assolian move and deserves a whack along side the head...

C'mon Steve, I know you have a humorous side... If you don't see a difference between discussing clearies and the clarification of handmade German banded opagues vs. machine made German banded opagues, then you need a second whack along side the head. GET OVER IT!!!

Sue, Wake up and smell the roses. You elide over the distinction between clearies, cat's eyes,and sunsets, yet you think it important to ditinguish between one German and another. In other words, in the Bible according to Scoop, you must be precise in one area of our hobby, but it is not important in another.

The logical conclusion then is that you as a moderator feel it isn't important to you that we teach new folks the correct definitions unless it suits our convenience. I feel we all have an obligation to use the language to the best of our ability, not convenience and/or particaular marble preference.

First off, Steve.... Please quote my mention of cat's eyes & Sunsets in reference to this topic.

And then... I'm going to make dinner. If you'd like to continue this rediculous diatribe, you go right ahead... maybe Ann would like to listen... Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn and I really doubt few others do....

When someone trips over a word like "cleary," posting a book definition, rather than taking it lightly and making a bit of a joke out of it, is purely an OCD assolian move and deserves a whack along side the head...

Excuse me? You wanna meet me over at the Squabble Zone?