Anything Of Value?

red-eyes

Hi! My question is two-fold: first is regarding clear marbles. Can anyone please tell me if there are ANY "clearies" that are of any value what-so-ever? I am currently sorting through several collections and have amassed many clear marbles. Some are completely filled with tiny bubbles, some have wavy lines throughout, some have a very tiny filament core, some have what looks like a single pontil, and some have a pinch, etc. Are ANY clear marbles worth further investigation? And if there are- what do I look for? My second question is along the same lines, only regarding solid color marbles. If there are any that may be collectible, what is it that I look for in a solid color marble? All my investigation & research has turned up, is marbles of recognizable patterns & colors, however, the clear & solid marbles are still elusive. Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!

Some are worth a few bux. Some can be worth significantly more than a "few" bux.

Handmade ones. Hand-gathered ones. Akro flinties and moonies. Some special Masters. Maybe someone could think of others.

But it can be tough to ID the good ones. Hard to describe them. Hard to ID them in pix. And not generally worth the postage to mail them anywhere for ID unless you're really sure you're onto something. It's an activity for leisure time, I think, to sort through them. Not good odds of finding anything worth money. I've found some good ones just because I liked opaques and clearies for their own sakes, and I looked at them in different lights and then occasionally something stood out which I hadn't noticed before.

Oh yes, the ones which light up nicely under UV can be worth something to the right people. I had good luck selling those on ebay. To vaseline glass collectors more than to vintage marble collectors.

Wavy lines? As in transparent swirls?

Some are worth a few bux. Some can be worth significantly more than a "few" bux.

Handmade ones. Hand-gathered ones. Akro flinties and moonies. Some special Masters. Maybe someone could think of others.

But it can be tough to ID the good ones. Hard to describe them. Hard to ID them in pix. And not generally worth the postage to mail them anywhere for ID unless you're really sure you're onto something. It's an activity for leisure time, I think, to sort through them. Not good odds of finding anything worth money. I've found some good ones just because I liked opaques and clearies and looked at them in different lights and then occasionally something stood out which I hadn't noticed before.

Oh yes, the ones which light up nicely under UV can be worth something to the right people. I had good luck selling those on ebay. To vaseline glass collectors more than to vintage marble collectors.

Wavy lines? As in transparent swirls?

Hi Steph! 2 kinds of Wavy lines- the kind that you see in old glass window pane, sort of distorted waves, and strange swirls that are not just surface- but seems to be a like a transparent wire-pull...? I have a light table that I can set them on to determine a transparent base, and also a black light. I'm happy to take the time- I just didn't know if it was worth it. Sounds like it is. I think I'm pretty good on the moonies- I've found some opalescent in several colors.

It might not be worth it if you need to sell marbles for a profit in a small amount of time.

But if you do have the time, it can be fun.

Not that many winners to be found, but/and/so when you find them it is very cool.

It might not be worth it if you need to sell marbles for a profit in a small amount of time.

But if you do have the time, it can be fun.

Not that many winners to be found, but/and/so when you find them it is very cool.

Don't need to sell, have all the time- just don't have all the info- but definitely LOVE the treasure hunt!! Thanx 4 ur help!!

and strange swirls that are not just surface- but seems to be a like a transparent wire-pull...?

Here's one I like, looks like a plain red clearie until held to the light, not sure if it is a kind you are speaking of. Happy sorting! and please excuse the poor photo quality, it was difficult to get it to show the interior.

post-1776-125676759712_thumb.jpg

Here's one I like, looks like a plain red clearie until held to the light, not sure if it is a kind you are speaking of. Happy sorting! and please excuse the poor photo quality, it was difficult to get it to show the interior.

post-1776-125676759712_thumb.jpg

I'll try to get some pictures up so you can see what I'm talking about. I have yet to post a picture here- so we'll see how my technical skills are!!