:-)

MrsMopar

all the hubbub started with the first few runs....the over hypin turned off many and the back-stabbin marketing techniques really was hard to take...the history makin references and whose idea it was and what the agenda of the investors really got a little deep....when theres money to be made the evil half-brother with undoubtly prevail...the arguments over the books and who was writin the best book...blah-blah-blah....if everybody woulda come out with honesty and appreciate the efforts the experimental runs woulda been better and more accepted...who cant remember the comments made and people beign paid off with marbles to make outlandish statements to keep one run over the other....it was all about the ego of a few and nearly sent out a smoke screen and the bull-shit detector bout vibrated off the wall....at least a few nice marbles were made and if folks woulda let em run without all the underhanded stuff it woulda been alot better...

Well thats fine if you as a collector can tell the difference from a new Jabo or an old WV swirl,

but I'll bet the salesman on a flea market or an antique store can't see in most cases if they're new Jabo's or old WV swirls,and you can blame him for it.

Winnie, you can have that with any type of mib, not just WV swirls, i can't count the times ive been to flea markets and seen box's or bags of industrial Jabo's for 100$ to 150$ because the people thought they where old,if you buy some swirls or any type of mib and there not what you thought they where, then it's know ones fault but yours, i done it myself when i first started collecting, i bought 5 jars of Jabo's for 120$, but i could not blame the seller, only had myself to blame for not knowing.

I started this post when it would have been the next response to Galen... But, I had to leave....

I have already seen many salted in groups of vintage marbles in two antique stores. And only a real collector would know they were in the bags. But they will make that bag sell to many uneducated folks thinking they are getting a beautiful vintage marble in the bag. I guess no one really cares about these folks.????????

Galen, EVERYONE cares about these folks... The problem is, it's impossible to protect them all, from EVERYTHING... If they don't get suckered by this, they'll get suckered by fake bags, fake boxes, fake printed comix, fake Civil War marbles... etc, etc... In every possible collectible and valuable ever made... All we can do is provide sites like this, to educate. We can't protect the whole world from everyone, or everything that is evil... The nature of the world just isn't a totally safe place... Know what you can do and what you can't. You can't stop ALL fraud... Sad, yes... But, true.. You'll have to learn to deal with that... It's hard!!

And no Sue they are not reproductions, I think they actually qualify closer to Fakes. The old marbles were made to make kids happy. The new Jabos are made to make adults money.

What about making adults happy?? We just can't jump that huddle?? If it's for kids, it's for fun... If it's for adults, it's for MONEY!!!

What is it costing these people to make these runs?? For every single marble from these runs, that makes a LOT of money, how many are dogs?? Where will those less fortunate marbles end up??? Probably in the hands of kids...

Isn't that an ideal situation??? The collectors cull the cream and kids can beat the rest of 'em up!!

Now, if they'd only thought of that 100 years ago!!! LOL

Using Imported Art glass, never used in vintage machine made marbles.*******

Uhhhh... I'm not sure... But, I thought a lot of marble companies bought up the cullet from places like Cambridge, No?? If I'm wrong, I apologize... But, I was always under that impression.

Made in limited amounts to make more valuable.

Maybe one way of looking at it... But, also made in limited runs because the people making them aren't in the business of making marbles. Their time at the furnace is limited and they are experimenting with colors and techniques... It seems to me, that's very much like what the marble companies did with new ideas...

They are probably more like. Mccormicks, Winlocks or Scott Patrick's IMO. I guess the only real similarity is that they were all made to put money in someones pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm.... What a NASTY idea!!! The concept of having an idea that may sell to many and turn a profit... 'Sounds SLEAZY to me.... Bad juju's!!! How very grossly capitalistic!!!

:party-780:

LOL. I was musing about Jaboland in that other thread. I can move some things around here but I can't transplant threads from one board to that next. ^_^

Actually Felicia did post her flame at Jabo Land too. Maybe even posted it there first. Yay Fel! :)