Show Question

Hello everybody- it's me Gail

I am trying to get some marbles around for the WVMCC show next month and it's a real head scratcher. I can't possibly cart them all in the Tiajuana taxi I'm driving so whatcha think? Handmades and Akros? Ravenswoods and Alleys? Peltiers and Vitros?

I'm serious here. They are all so gorgeous it's giving me a headache. Are there still handmade collectors out there? I have some original boxed sets I need to sell and many more plus 10-12 solitaire boards w/ handmades.

Thanks for any advice. I need it and appreciate it.

I have noticed that the mint higher end marbles(especially Pelts) no matter what maker sell well at the shows I attend.Killer Alleys have also become very popular! Nice boards of handmades always seem to move well if not overpriced. That show may be different as I have never attended it.

Thanks Galen. One of the original German boxes of handmades includes a blue latt. If it were you, would you take them to a marble show or put them up for auction via Ebay? Would you set a reserve or perhaps a BIN option? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I have been out of the marble loop for about 8 years or more.

I do have fifty or so plastic marble holders full of Alleys, Ravenwoods, and other W Va. swirls. Each case holds 25 marbles. They are the higher end flames, colored base glass, etc. mibs. Perhaps I should sell them as a whole collection?

Thanks very much for always being willing to help me.

I would personally not sell any high end marbles myself on ebay. Marblealan usually gets much more money for higher end stuff than all but a couple other dealers on ebay. And even with his commission it is usually much better than what the owner would have received if going it alone. Morphies also does real well with higher end stuff. Taking it to a show with a price you would settle for is definitely a good way to go IMO. Those groups of 25 really nice WV swirls also do fairly well at shows.(Esp. as trading material) If thet are the really nice ones I believe you would do much better selling them individually or in groups, Not all as one collection. Good luck. Got any big CACs you want to part with??

I have probably 30-40 Christensens with a couple 3/4" I believe. No over-the-top killer flames like in your collection. Only one larger Guinea - amber based - that's a little rough.

I am plowing through the marble boxes slowly but surely and will certainly set them aside and post photos.

Thanks again Galen. I sincerely appreciate your time and advice.

Well I'd post some pics but the picture Gods hate me and refuse to let me in. Perhaps I can send the pics to someone here and they'll post them?

I can't even get anyone elses pics to maximize. All I get is an empty white box. Just odd.

Well I'd post some pics but the picture Gods hate me and refuse to let me in. Perhaps I can send the pics to someone here and they'll post them?

I can't even get anyone elses pics to maximize. All I get is an empty white box. Just odd.

Email them to me and I'll post them for you.

Each day as the show gets closer,i get more good news. All of that sounds like a lot to unload and carry to your room. I will have to check on which room number you have. I will have a cart ready and be watching for that taxi. But you probably will not want to haul all that weight to the room??? Maybe i can give you a hand,and you won't have to! Uhmmm lets see now,Bill and Ric probably will be late thursday,better yet maybe friday. Dang it,Bruce will be here wednesday,so will Danny,Chuck & Diane. There sould be some tour or site remaining that they need to see on wednesday or thursday afternoon. Howard could show them around. Bill always has to go find a atm. Make myself a note to stop by bank for cash. What day or time will you arrive? No don't bother,just pm me that info. I will be glad to help,just find me quick when you arrive. LOL,LOL,LOL!!!!!!!! I forgot,Ric will be busy getting the WV cane or marble walking stick from Daine A.(thats good). Forgot about the baseball bat man. Have to make some notes tonight,gotta go! Who else?????? I have to take care of my buddies.