It Seems Jabo Makes Marbles!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edna;

I may not have posted, but I'm watching.

Let me know before you decide to do the JABO post you want to do. If you are going to put a lot of time into it, I may do something special with it.

Lou

Lou, while you are taking care of things, I would like you to put all 4 of my books in your marble book bibliography. Thank you.

Jabo's have awesome color combinations and patterns. The clear based ones are so kewl...you can follow the swirling around! Absolutely love the pastels! Such beauty in something so small...toooooo kewl! And they have some with purple and pink!

:-) Felicia

Sami, if I decide not to post, I can help you find the color combinations you want. Even if I have to do pics and send them through email to you. this time there doesn't seem to be as much opposition and there does seem to be a lot of sensibility.

Thanks Bocci.

I have viewed there many times.

In the thread with the contract runs I saw some Foxfires that looked brickish.

Great Board for Jabo collectors or anyone in search of info on same.

If Brickalikes, Siver Ox's and Snakes were discussed I could not find it.

There is apparently a few of these and a gallon or two of those that may not be commonly known about even in the inner circles and I would prefer to learn about on the boards instead of e-bay.

Really interested in a engaged discussion with the folks that have held in their hands marbles that could be easily confused.

David

What say we take a look at this here Boogeyman.

After thinking about the above post a little longer, I should tell folks that the Silver Jabo Ox some of the discussion is about came from the NEW DECADE RUN of 2/8/2010. What a great name for a run given the past history I mentioned above and what is going on these days with Jabo marbles. I think tomorrow, I will list another Jabo Silver and some of the family transitionals that it came from. I am strongly considering including a 3/4" vintage Akro in the group for comparison. I do not mind selling the vintage Akro in the group as it looks sort of tired and beat up compared to the new (some colorful) Jabo's sitting with it. You will be able to spot the Akro in the mix because of all the "Hit Marks" on it. the Jabo will be pretty much close to mint!

Thanks,

Mikeymarble of "Lost your Marbles"

By the way, I'm not too big on posting to my own post but I did list the vintage Akro Silver Oxblood today with the Jabo Silver Oxblood and some others. Enjoy!

Jabo Silver Ox pics right here at the MC

Jabo Silver Ox's

Nice Marbles but hell we knew that.

David

Its my bad for not listing them on the page properly! There are 100% AKRO from my personal collection. I was trying to raise come dollars, I have one on lime now on the Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250616306902&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_3094wt_1165

So I have 14 others if anyones interested! Ill trade for other marbles too?

thank you David. If I do such a post here, it will be factual and truthful. If I did such a post, dates would be important as well as names of people involved. David, you are welcome to add in, if I do it. You and I are on the same page. I have dear friends in many of the runs that I know would help. I need others to say that we need such a post with pics of all of them. I will not do it if the critics want to disrespect it. Let me know if it's needed.

Hello sissydear,

As a relatively new collector (2 years) and a newly proclaimed lover of Jabo marbles - after all they are what first attracted me to the hobby of marble collecting - I would absolutely support such a reference.

Wayne