Jabos In The Spotlight!!

Scoop

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went and looked in about four different places because I was curious. I did talk with Sturtz and he was oblivious to any with aventurine. Maybe he wasn't fully engaged when we talked the other day. Found that rather surprising after your comments on the subject. Clearly I've never had a clear handle on these 3/4" ones from that run and didn't have enough of them to maybe even run across aventurine although I thought I had some killer ones anyway. I've only photographed them and talked about them in one article and in some submissions that went pass the board at Schiffer when they put out that abomination "Popular American Marbles" with all the blurry photographs. David

P.S. When I referenced the Golden Rebel in my previous post I was talking strictly about Peltier lest there be any more confusion.

Well I went and looked in about four different places because I was curious. I did talk with Sturtz and he was oblivious to any with aventurine. Maybe he wasn't fully engaged when we talked the other day.

Talk to him again.Steve called me,and we talked for about 30 min one evening immediatly after posting pics and discussing this matter.He said he knew of them and more or less congratualated me on the find agreeing,"yea some of those we're really loaded with aventurine!"I suggested they should consider making some other like that.We laughed.He said the cullet had been aquired from a glass artist I can't remember. :)

OK folks news flash here. I am a neophyte to marbles -hate the word newbie- am I gonna make mistakes about the marbles I may buy in the future. Yep, I sure will, everyone made mistakes in the beginning. Nobody came brandy new to marbles and never made a mistake. And if you didn't well I bet you have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

I AM AN ADULT! Stop acting like my parent. Stop exclaiming, Oh my a newbie could mistake this one. What if a newbie made a mistake with something like this. I can worry about myself and make my own mistakes. I am going to make mistakes, I expect to. What nicer marbles to make mistakes over? I will only spend what I can afford. I look at marble collecting like gambling and I will only bet on my new found knowledge what I can afford to loose.

How about this looks like this, isn't that neat. Or wow can you believe this it's damn close, glad it has adventurine, or mica or what ever distinctive feature it has.

That is what I am doing and soaking up everything like a sponge that is practical and furthers my knowledge.

Thank you to those who are spending the time to write constuctivly on this thread. I am learning a lot.

Pen

Can't sleep tonight might as well learn about marbles.

Ok that is what I thought because the one on the right has what seems to me Jabo's almost signature green brown mix with some blue and pink thrown in.

What are the dings in it, are they as made marks or just photo artifacts?

Thanks

Pen

Photo artifacts....I like that. Checked in with Sturtz again and this time he says that he has seen very , very few w/aventurine and what they had was inconsequential. By inconsequential I'm assuming what he means is like when I'm repeatedly turning a marble in my hand and finally I seem to catch a flickering action along a narrow swirl of color that could as easily be the grain of the glass more than anything else. Bo, Sturtz says, pick up the phone and call him although presently he is on the road during a marble circuit. Or he's heading off on Monday. David

Wow!!! I had to be away for a while.... We've just got so much going on right now....

For you car folks.... I'm cleaning out my side of the garage... Years of totes and boxes from co-op and ebay work stacked all over... To make room for the '65 Buick Skylark convertible project car my husband just bought...

It's raining a LOT up here and this thing hasn't seen rain for 22 years!! He's been SERIOUSLY on my case to make a LOT of stuff simply "disappear."

:party-243:

If I spend more than a couple of minutes on the computer, I get "Das Boot!!" to the garage!!

Thank you to those who have been turning this thread into what it was intended to be...

I am seeing some frustration from some who think their words are falling on deaf ears (Dani, Scott??)

I'd REALLY like to see what you have to say listened to.... Not just swept under the rug and ignored...

Is it possible to address these comments without "silencing" these people??

OTOH, it would help if the comments were made without that little edge of sarcasm.... (Scott? ;) )

Pen!! Thanks so much for saying what you NEED to learn... Sometimes it takes a novice (is that OK? LOL) to teach the pros what they've forgotten!!!

OK... gotta run... Someone's coming!!! :evil-grin-smileys-111:

For you car folks.... I'm cleaning out my side of the garage... Years of totes and boxes from co-op and ebay work stacked all over... To make room for the '65 Buick Skylark convertible project car my husband just bought...

Awesome! Congrats on the new to you folks Buick! Sweet looking car for sure.

Sweet looking car for sure.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... It IS a project car....

Wally doesn't know marbles and I don't really know cars (much....) He says it's in great condition for what he wants to do....

Honestly.... I'm thinkin' if he paid more than a few Japanese catseyes for it, he got ripped!!!

ROFLMAO!!

Novice, I'll own that, much less pretentious then neophyte and doesn't sound half as stupid as newbie.

Artifacts, thought that is what you would call them, When you look at x-rays and those little spots turn up they are refered to as artifacts.

Pen

Oh great car, you will think more of it when it is done,the wind is blowing your hair back and you are wearing a great Jackie O. scarf and big sunglasses. Is it going to be candy apple red?

Oh great car, you will think more of it when it is done, Is it going to be candy apple red?

Naaaaa, this one will never get that far here... He's just gonna clean it up, get it runnin' and flip it... He's looking for a nice chevy, with parts that are easier to find...

the wind is blowing your hair back and you are wearing a great Jackie O. scarf and big sunglasses.

I've been doin' that for the past 20 years, in his '71 Corvette. 'Never hit, all original... He's had it since '73.

She's my only real competition!!! And, I can deal with that!!! ;) LOL