Serious Aventurine

Steph

Actually out of the handfull I had Alan sold 2 of them over the years and called them Masters. I sold 3 at least as Masters to serious collectors with no problems. All sold for $30-$35 each cuse they had good Aventurine in them. There must have been something that struck Alan as odd about the one he just offered. Pics are not really helpful in his auction to be able to offer any input. So here is a picture of a marble instead.

post-218-127195152642_thumb.jpg

Ohhh, creepy that shows up now, huh?

Anywho, I asked about a solid one because I have one that's short of 3/4 and it's got a dented line almost all the way around it.

:-) Felicia

Dug out my handful (6) and all are the swirly type, opaque, fairly dark, and obviously glittery. Got them a few years ago as a group, and as "unknown." :confused-smileys-327:

I had no idea the Alley aventurine swirls had once been identified as Peltier. Were they IDed as Peltier back when because Peltier was then thought to be the only company regularly using aventurine?

Now I have to go home and compare their aventurine to the solid aventurine mibs . . . but if memory serves (and it might not!) I don't know that they're going to be significantly similar . . .

It's the weekend back to marbles.Have you ever tried to photograph yellow aventurine?Not easy but I'll get it.Any suggestions about how to get better pics of aventurine.Yea I need a better camera hmmmmm....

Natural sunshine is the only way I can really see adventurine, especially if it is subtle. I've tried taking photos outdoors to try and capture the effect, but my Canon Powershot is limited. I have a handful of cats with green veins drenched in light green adventurine and cannot get a decent photo. But they look good outdoors on the full sunny day!

David ,yes that is green aventurine,seperate from the other colors.This marble does contain a light orange aventurine also.The two colors of aventurine are seperated by the orange and pink area surrounding the green aventurine.Then the orange aventurine is borderd by the yellow colored glass.Two different colors of aventurine on one marble.Serious aventurine.Heres another pic ,do you like it?Trying to get better pics,these pictures were taken outside lighted by the sun.Bo :)

Very unusual. Last pics seemed to be the best so far especially the one on the left. I'm going to have to look at my marbles closer. Steve has always been bugging me that I don't see enough colors, aventurine and such. Guess I'm just old fashion and have been tracked to accept or expect only so much. David

just alleys...

aventurinecollage.jpg

Hey Zaboo- I hope you don't mind, but this very picture is my desktop pic. Just wonderful and I thank you so much for sharing.

THANK-YOU everyone for sharing your wonderful marble pics. Aventurine is a favorite of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

So when this thread started I could'nt put my hands on this marble.I ran across it today and took pics.What makes this marble special and different to me is the two clear areas actually create a swirl pattern on the surface.I'm thinkin'Master :)