Marblenomics

I'm not sure what BibleFreak was hoping for or expecting when he proposed this separate forum but beyond my meagre Delphic utterances he sure ain't getting even in a toe-shuffling fashion an attempt to encapsulate in four or five apocryphal phrases the Ethical Structure of the Universe. For those of you who have been biding your time, wiggling your toes in puddles of thought, I'm giving this one more chance for you to step up to the plate and pontificate. Go for it! David

My personal opinion is that the original post is structured like a term paper assignment and asks others to do a lot of work, thinking and writing. That sets the bar pretty high and I think is the reason that there have been no responses to it.

Maybe if each of the six topics had its own thread . . . On the other hand, a couple of the topics have proven to be extremely contentious ones in the past, and I have a feeling that many are saying "not goin' there."

You know, I never once made the potential contentious leap as a possibility with this. I thought it was fully expostulated in a manner to avoid anything of the sort. But you are right, there are those amongst us who would take it as an opening salvo in whatever personal fantasy their mind had going at the time. Probably best to lay it to rest since it hasn't woken any great interest. Anyone for a wake? David

i have heard before

1. collect what you like

2. this hobby should not be undertaken for an investment

3. i have pretty eyes

4. they are only marbles

5. there was something else.......

so....

1. i agree. if you collect what you don't like then you will not enjoy your collection.

2. i understand this one until the show of the month and then i go hmmmmm.

3. If you say so.

4. Man this was a very deep and thought out thread to begin with but then the commoners got to it and dumbed it down.

5. Oh yeah............ :cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262:

1. Collectability - what contributes to the collectablity of the marbles in general and the value of the marbles you collect personally.

Beauty is in the eye of the Beerholder

3. Futures - How will marbles hold up in the future )

same as with slow horses and fast women----> Dont bet more than ya got.

There's my two cent summation.