Parrots & Parakeets?

Steph

No time now to do a pic. I have two that have an eye and a lot of ribbons that have the same colors as the swirl I posted. it's with my pastels, but I suppose it could be a parakeet patch. I'm going away for over a week, the camera is packed, etc. Glad I could help. Edna

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thread! Gene glad that you have sorted out what your marble is. No offence to you but you need to learn what a "reputable dealer" is next. Once again no offence to you Gene.

Yep I said it, and I mean it! No take backs.

Think I have the camera program worked out here is a pic of my "parakeet" is it? Sorry can't really do the size, do not have a size thinger but it is about half the size of a shooter. If not a parakeet which I now doubt greatly any idea what it is?

post-2587-127431621346_thumb.jpg

Looks like what I call a pastel or Easter egg. However, I suppose it could be a patch parrot. The one I have has the same colors as the swirly one I posted. If I had not heard that Blaine Lemon said they made patch parrots I wouldn't have given it a thought. Mine looks like the wonderful tiger eyes that have different colored eyes at each end and multicolored ribbons in the middle. Each side has ribbons of a different color. I have it with my tigereyes that are pastels. (Easter eggs)

How many colors does yours have Pen?

Just the three colors that you see in the pic. On the other side there is a "v" in the mustard color. But the connection is so slow tonight that is the only pic that would load. Not sure what an "eye" is?

This thread has been great I was just haunting ebay and looking at parrots and was able to go -THATS not a Parrot it is a trilite. I felt so proud. :jumping-1020:

Thank You everyone

Pen

This IS an awesome thread!!! I'm not really into these birds (Though, I do have a nice parrot..)

But, I really AM into the idea of getting this sort of thing documented in one good solid place...

Again, may I suggest that those with pictures contact Joe Street and get this stuff well documented at his site...

He's put a lot of work into that site for this purpose... Let's all help him to fine tune it!!

;)