The Marketing Of New Run Marbles

Maybe we could all remember this is a marble page.We are a dysfunctional lot,young old happy cranky crazy marble maniacs trying to learn something from eachother.I can't be a defeatist and say nothing can be done.People need to stop calling people out to begin with.This isn't a school yard!I am told that as a man over 50 years old I need to be ecspeacially careful not to be crancky.So all this is said objectivley with out anger or malice.If this page was a force and not a mess we could make a difference.Do we wan't to make a difference?Is it to hard?We would have to treat each other as freinds and stop holding grudges?People like to hold on to there grudges,like old freinds. :) That's what I'm talkig about,Very nice Edna.I was typing while you were typing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often state my opinion could be flawed, it well could be(probably not).

That is why I engage, I like to be right(surprised?)and without a test how can it be right.

I expected some contention, if you entered this thread so did you!

I have tried to moderate my responses to the contention - I asked for it!

and long ago I posted my response to the Value question I posed, i might have shared some info and insight with a few.

It was my intent.

I am guilty of ulterior motives though.

I am hauling this dead assed horse out of here, today tomorrow or next year for whatever that means

it would be appreciated kindly if ya lend a hand, if I got the wrong end tell me the right.

if we bring our disagreements with each other into every thread we will not progress

If you have a problem with someone [(not contentious troublesome topics like this, here it should be expected maybe not if we progress) where we are now, yep this topic trouble but for "getting it straight"] take it to the Board of Inquiry.

better yet reread be sure, I have to reread the same topics to get it close to "right" and end up wrong.

If ya got to be real mean maybe it should be private so you dont come off sounding like......them/me

I have been wrong very wrong so has Every poster in this thread and on this board.

Yes I do have your back and urs

balance lets true her up a mite.

david

Maybe we could all remember this is a marble page.We are a dysfunctional lot,young old happy cranky crazy marble maniacs trying to learn something from eachother.I can't be a defeatist and say nothing can be done.People need to stop calling people out to begin with.This isn't a school yard!I am told that as a man over 50 years old I need to be ecspeacially careful not to be crancky.So all this is said objectivley with out anger or malice.If this page was a force and not a mess we could make a difference.Do we wan't to make a difference?Is it to hard?We would have to treat each other as freinds and stop holding grudges?People like to hold on to there grudges,like old freinds. :) That's what I'm talkig about,Very nice Edna.I was typing while you were typing.

Why not heed your own advice? I do agree that you are dysfunctional.

Im guessing there's been some lunar activity,by all the "stuff" Ive been seeing on the board,in the last few,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Going back to fishing now,,,,,,,,,,

Probably a few gamma ray bursts too.

Going under my desk . . .

Steve I reviewed marbos complaint post, but I read it as a complaint not a bash. Proper place? Marbos decision.

Complaints come with retailing and all Sellers need to accept that, comes with the territory.

and where thay show up ......damnitman comes with the selling. jus does.

On the other hand your post was a jab "dysfunctional" could be viewed as a humerous jab but with yalls "history"

probably a jab.

We All Do It

We all need to do better.

David

I spoke with Mr. Sturtz(psia-Antiques) for 3 hours last night we talked unto the wee hours (lucky for ya'll, kept me off the board)

The most enjoyable marble non marble conversation I have had for some time.

as I said it will take much effort by all, you to.

We could sure use the help?

No baffle Mr Marblemiser my lack of communcation skills and not taking a breath.

The word drivel has been used Effectively(sssh cant expose ur weakness) of recent, concerning meanderings, I did a quick search and its not even in this thread..prior to ur use.

When I posted, the word was fresh in the mind and poped back out and I've run with it. and it is drivel.

quote marbleus1:"Well believe it or not, accept it or not, every breath you take comes with obligation."

well believe you/me if your gonna type such drivel lol ya know it

bam the word popped in

quote marbleus1:"Yea I know drivel - YOU kiss my ass"

when I obviously was talking to the word you posted how can I tell you I really wasnt talking to you at the time

my most truthful - I was not

If you would check after the kiss my ass thing/ sorry the entire post was basically a summary of the Why

and was addressing the entirity of a thread, I had beat far as I could, and a final beat down of some of the percieved illogical counterpoints.

Your post was much more in the spirit of the board, contained nothing anyone could take issue with and I failed to express myself properly.

I am sorry it read that way.

David

somebody jus told me to quit cussing - shes right thar that kharma

Edit: its late and the roany jus posted ahead on page 4

rotflmao the floor

I question his answers

but aint gonna dare try to top him

he use to be here most days!!!

two shows a day

green/blue ribbon on mine.

why am I still on the floor

this thread has questions that need answers and answers that need questions.

I need to hear the straight skinny so I can affix the the proper ribbon to the tail gate of my pickup.

I also agree with Illhavethat1... we are no different WWE Pay-per-view, cept this is free...LOL

THE BOOB PINCHING MUST STOP

why not settle some of the 'forever' squabbles (now with yeast infections)with a challenge to a dance off,

or a game of bumper pool,

or 'who can throw Kev furthest over the fence,

or best of three paper-sissors-rock, with Sue and Steph refreeing for any last second finger changes.

The winner getting to be an Admin and the loser's punishment can be some sort of mutually agreed upon consequence between you and he/she.

and by the way, I think David's southern diction could whoopass over anyone else's southern diction in a Southern Diction fight..

I'd bet marbles on it.

Steve you are correct!You never met your obligation with me and I never bought from you again.I had to call you after three weeks and remind you I sent you cash and hadn't recieved my marbles.After I recieved my marbles I knew all I needed to know about Jabo marbles,I totally understand what David is saying.There seems to be no pride of workmanship,no responsibility in bussiness today.From marbles to the stockmarket to big oil it's nothing but greed and it's time for peopple to say enough is enough.You can't hide from it here on the marble page,it's everywhere.David thanks for the info,never dreamed there was that much waste,culls.

Since you weren't aware of I culls, what do you think the diggers dig?

Since you weren't aware of I culls, what do you think the diggers dig?

marbles thrown away because they were mis-manufactured toys unsuited for sale.

it is one of my main points.

Capitalism when it was just the greatest economic machine in the world but before it was our philosophy

David

good to c u

edit:pulled from pg3 last post, was not posting on top of Roanys perspective last night

Mr. its members like you I missed the most.

Edit: its late and the roany jus posted ahead on page 4

rotflmao the floor

I question his answers

but aint gonna dare try to top him

he use to be here most days!!!

two shows a day

green/blue ribbon on mine.

why am I still on the floor

Retraction to the retraction(see post #60,damnitman)

Post #38 and the whole Drivel thing

marblemiser I was not addressing you I am so sorry it read that way.

I knew I was trying to be careful and missed it when I searched for a answer to my offense to marblemiser a respected by me member.

It had been just used prior in post #30 by Mike

I stated numerous times I would respond in kind

It should have been clearer but the meaning would remain.

David

Doing it simply because its the right thing is alive and well in Capitalism, not as touted cause it aint about the money.

But for a better example I'll get back to you Monday night, heads up I'll be emotional

Did you ask what would I propose?

Well surprise [he typed with a smile]

and since I've told it to one I'll tell ya.

If I was Dave McCullough I'd start a Marble Company

I'd hand pick a few of the heavy Hitter investors that I trusted and could bring Value to the table and form a company and make marbles for collectors

I'd sell stock to afor mentioned collectors(dibs)

It would be for collectors so smaller

Oh good new small furnace that sure sounds more doable

marble machine (sssh there everywhere ssh)

Wonder if there could be a market - I wonder!

aah to much for a man ready to retire, I wonder?

Surely to much work

wonder where the help would come from?

course I dont make marbles, certainly am not Mr. McCullough and do not suppose to speak for him

but thats what I would do.

David

collector marbles and kid marbles and I'd put some collector marbles in the kid packages like they should be!

its what I'd do

oh yea! a huge percentage would be round!

thinkya thinkya very much

and I would like to know lol

Paper??

edit:uuuugh $ damnitman 4 pages and $, yea thanks we covered that

damnitman I's hoping for some of ur good stuff

Why would anyone purposely, and with such sheer malice, tear apart a hobby that so many other people enjoy?

What kind of a person enjoys hurting other collectors?

What kind of a person blatantly poisons a forum? A forum that brings so much enjoyment to so many others?

I give up. You tell me.

Why would anyone purposely, and with such sheer malice, tear apart a hobby that so many other people enjoy?

What kind of a person enjoys hurting other collectors?

What kind of a person blatantly poisons a forum? A forum that brings so much enjoyment to so many others?

I give up. You tell me.

i have no response

i must be done

edit to below: thank you Ima, first one to pose a question I didnt think I could answer. Regardless of who it was directed to, fair question. Nothing to forgive here!

marboman, my thanks "cogito ergo sum"

Hey there marb- I'm genuinely sorry. My words were hurtful. They were not aimed at you specifically and I should have made that clear.

It just seems that there isn't much fun on the marble boards these days. I was just sad.

It isn't you. It's me.

Forgive me please.

My two cents on Jabo Quality Control...

The special runs are contract runs.

Investors pay to have Jabo produce the marbles.

Investors pay for the materials glass ect.

They get the marbles.

The Great ones & Not perfect.

The investors can do with them as they please.

Keep them, Sell them, Give them away, bury them ect...

With marble production from any company past or present culls are produced.

Jabo cannot weed them out because they are not their marbles.

Am I wrong???

"Oh good smaller furnace" Did I mention I have this kiln,works perfectly.It's here at my steel fabrication business in Reno Nev.I specialize in rolling,transitions,proto-type and conical work.I guess I would need a glory hole cut in it? Is that the correct terminology? Often wondered if this could be used in marble makin.Maybe someone has some ideas? :) Mad scientist looking for Glass Artist...will work for marbles LOL David hope I'm not jacking your thread but who hasn't thought about it at one time or another?

post-1768-127524596363_thumb.jpg

You are exactly right.

My first post and thread opener and for 4 pages its the facts as I see them.

I have answered most every question that has been directed toward me as best I could.

Jus three for you, please!

Should a collector marble be round, period?

Do you have or have you seen a new run marble that you value over $20?

(if so please give example)

Do you think the number of marbles to go to Market effects value?

Anybody or everybody???

Thank you in advance, David

a thread is a disscusion they evolve, that aint jacking

1. Absolutely, silly question

2. In general no (somebody might refresh my memory though, because some super marbles have been produced) So, NO but I am trying as hard as I know how to.

3.Absolutely (its the main reason I cant fully answer 2)

David

am I wrong?

Yes,within 1/32".NO,Yes,it don't leave the shop if it's not quality.Diagnostically speaking what would be the cause for the high percentage of culls.I'm guessing worn rollers?What would be an acceptable reject ratio,5% or less?