Pictures Of Master Marbles

orbboy

david them big ones sure look alot like vitros to me,check to see if they have a singular thread running from pole to pole inside the mib,,,,,, also akro sparklers look alot like masters as well, them colorfull mibs with all the coloured threads look like good candidates for sparklers,,, smile at least were talking about marbles for a change, great thread,, bj

heres the monster vitro i have, sorry bad pics its an older digital photo,,

vito.JPGvito1.JPG

vito2.JPGvito3.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey BigJohn whats the size on that one?

all it takes to dumb me down is marble talk! lol

and on mine more pics. needed damnitman. but it will be later(try today).

bought as Master I'm sure - they were in the master drawer - (I) wouldnt have put them thar without help, and weve naer discussed em. The one on the right when I pulled it last night the color was scrmn vitro(thumped it with my finger it shadup) but construction seems Master. The one with purple?

when I get some new pics will place them (speedracers master ID link)

we could use some help on one of his also.

dont wont to derail the pics. with to much discussion. Here.

David

2 inclin's in 4 days

edited: from questions to opinion(my best guess/?

What about Alox on the purple? One is Vitro

David

and I thought they'd be lonely in the Master slot.

ha lol

I couldnt find pole conditions to support Master on the Purple??

altough the color sure seemed Master.

the (Vitro) was a bonus marble and shouldnt have made the show.

this is a great place to show marble pictures,lol

Wow I thought his thread would have dropped off by now. But then along comes Zaboo and smacks it in the head with more stunning marbles. That one 2 down from centre of your board just jumps out at you. What a looker. Is that a Tiger eye in the middle? If so it looks pretty big to me. Let me guess it is a hair under 3/4" lol.

post-218-127552946576_thumb.jpg

I have always wondered why most Masters were a hair under 3/4"? I think I have only 1 that reaches that oh so hard to reach 3/4" mark.

Here are some little guys (little over 1/2" dammit)

post-218-127553346546_thumb.jpg

Okay . . . bet's off.

. . . the only part of my collection that's organized.

Here's a pretty nice No. 6 . . .

2992834580104684377S600x600Q85.jpg

. . . maybe no one'll notice it's Alox.

Hi Ric,what size is your Alox sparkler type from post 16 (whats no.6?)

It reminds me a bit of the marbles I've got from my son,these are 1.1/8

winnie

DSC02798Large.jpg

Does someone has the Alox marbles in original packets?

Those are nice, Winnie - and big too! I have some Alox packaging and have seen a lot more. But I've not seen anything that looks like your marbles in that packaging. The No. 6 I showed is 1" in diameter. An easy way to remember the original size numbering system is to remember that a 5/8" (10/16") marble is a No. 0. Then just count up by 1/16" increments: No. 1 = 11/16", No. 2 = 12/16" (3/4"), No. 3 = 13/16", No 4 = 14/16" (7/8"), etc. I hope this helps.

P.S. So a No.1 marble is bigger than 5/8" but no bigger than 11/16", a No. 2 is bigger than 11/16" but no bigger than 3/4" (12/16"), etc.

Never seen Masters that size in original packages. Seen similer looking mibs, unsure of true colours in an Alox bag here on the board some time ago. So there is a pic out there to compair to if someone would post it. But like lots of marbles back then jobbering around, who made what, and sold what, in what package. ??????? Only the diggers would know for sure. Has there been an Alox dig? Has there been a Master dig? I don't know? Intresting question.

Here's an Alox bag posted by Mike (Runner's Dad). I believe they were a gift from Nancy Frier, granddaughter of the founder of Alox. I also received a bag from Nancy but Mike's pic is better. :-)

AloxMike_p22533.jpg

Here are some mibs from the basement of Nancy's dad, if I recall correctly. From somewhere in his house I'm certain! They came from the Alox factory before that. Big sunbursts, Paul Bunyans, and cat's eyes. The cat's eyes were bought from another company - or maybe were samples from another company. Alox did buy some cat's eyes for packaging under their label.

NancyFrier_alox074_marbles_from_the.jpg

Thing is, I have seen some of those big ones in a Master Glass bag. I'm keeping my ears open for any more info Ron Shepherd and Nancy have to shed on the matter. Alox research is ongoing if I'm not mistaken. I look forward to the next chapter.

But have there been digs at either place that anyone knows of

I would love to dig at Master.

David has spoken of dug Masters. At least I thought he did. Ain't sayin' which David, in case I'm wrong. :-)

I don't think there have been Alox digs. Mike asked about the possibility one time, and I think there was an impediment. Don't know if there was a building over the site or not. The thing I kinda remember is something along the lines of the site being in a rough part of town.