Vitro Victory

m!b$

What is the official definition of a Vitro Victory? Is it: "A colored patch on a crystal clear transparent base."

So, would any of these marbles qualify, or would they be excluded?

Colored patch on a crystal clear colored transparent base.

Two-color patch on a crystal clear or colored transparent base.

Colored patch with some internal strands, on a crystal clear or colored transparent base.

Colored patch with a partially brushed look, but no internal strands, on a crystal clear or colored transparent base.

Hope this helps... Straight from Marblealan's Site...

VICTORIES AND CONQUERORS

A

Victory is a brushed patch marble that has an opaque color patch on a transparent clear base. This patch covers about one quarter of the marble and, like many Vitro marbles, the patch is usually shaped like an oval with a small "v" or "hook" coming off one end. A Conqueror is basically the same type of marble, but on this variety the remaining three-quarters of the marble not covered by the patch contains brushed opaque white. One variation of the Conqueror is the "phantom conqueror," which has translucent white filaments inside the marble. The glass may be opalescent on this latter type. Finally, another variation of the Conqueror, which as yet has not been named but could be labeled the "veteran conqueror," has a dull patch as opposed to bright and brushed off-white as opposed to white. On these, the patch seems to often be shaped like a large "V." Victories and conquerors were distributed, as their names might imply, around the period of World War II.

as with most mibs I believe there are exceptions and variations. For example, I don't think a little bit of tint in the base would necessarily rule out something being a victory. not sure enough about 'em tho'.

Here's a pic of the marbles being referred to. The ones I circled are questionable, and I think probably none of them are Victories. The others all have a clear base. The purple/white one has a few internal white strands, so I'd say it's probably a Bullseye Phantom Conqueror, tho I've never seen one in that color combo.

Top left looks like an Anacortes Vitro.

Yah, purple one looks like it's in the Conqueror family.

The other 3 don't immediately make me think "victory". Right now I'm not sure they would immediately make me think "vitro". White patch on colored base can really make me waffle. Also, the bottom right mib makes me think a little of some of the foreign mibs which some might ID as victories. Sometimes the simplest looking mibs are the trickiest.