Alox Questions

Here we go... The top three are opaque and 2 colors each no white. The rest all have a a transparent base... The top 3 mibs and the 1st mib second row and the bottom mib all react to a black light...

Photo #1

post-2351-128413982827_thumb.jpg

Top row has two 3/4" and one 1"- mibs... All others are 5/8"...

I agree. Those are fantasy bags. Alox did not make the Army, Navy, Air Force series. I do have other Alox bags with a variety of other marbles, like MK. I thought the ones with MK's are fantasy bags also even if Alox did buy from other manufacturers but ... I also understand that Alox bags and headers were available separately and may have just been filled with other company marbles. Here are some pics.

post-60-128414364483_thumb.jpg

post-60-128414367909_thumb.jpg

post-60-128414368971_thumb.jpg

post-60-128414370143_thumb.jpg

post-60-128414373889_thumb.jpg

post-60-128414380263_thumb.jpg

post-60-128414385539_thumb.jpg

post-60-128414386387_thumb.jpg

They're Jabos.

I'm just trying to decided how confident to sound when I suggest that they're made from Fenton cullet.

What does Fenton cullet have to do with it??? mellow.gif Now that we decided the mibs are Jabos, what time frame do they fit into??? I have 4 more 1'' mibs almost identical to the one I posted... Different colors I do believe...

I can help here I think. I have Fenton cullet that is the exact same color as 5 of the marbles in your picture sitting in my garage workroom, glass area right now.

Jabo uses Fenton glass in their runs. Fenton cullet has a glow in some of the cullet too.

TY Rich and you too Steph... How many marble manufactures had the uranium glow to them???

Don't know -- but I have UV examples from Akro (lots), Alley (not so many), and Christensen (not so many). But I just got a new UV light and discovered that some of the Akro mibs I thought weren't UV were, so I'm going to go back through everything and hope for some more nice surprises --

I would bet some marbles from every manufacturer will have reactivity to UV light(GLOW) There are many compounds besides Uranium Oxide that will have a UV reaction in glass. It is the bright green of Vaseline glass that we are familiar with that Uranium Oxide provides.

Yep -- The ones I knew about now appear hotter than heck, instead of just hot; some glow green that didn't, with my old (tiny, cheap) UV light, and others, for the first time, are glowing orange. Didn't think I had any of those.