What's Up With This Creep???????

m!b$

Hey folks,

I wrote the fellow an e-mail and asked him to not use pictures from my site for his auctions. I also e-mailed eBay to inform them of the situation. Of the auctions that he has listed a fair number of the marbles are in my collection. Some of the photos are ones that Alan has contributed to my site (thanks Alan!). I suppose its possible that the fellow could have bought the marbles from Alan's auctions and then noticed the marble pics on my site and took the pictures to use in his auctions. edit, forgot to add that I don't think that is likely.

I hate to disparage anyone but Id strongly caution anyone in regards to bidding on any of the auctions where the pictures came from joemarbles.com. (Pictures with the crazy green background). As I stated above a fair number of the marbles that he has pictured are for sure not owned by the person who has listed them.

Thanks all, Joe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the picture of one that I bought on Joe's site.

hmmm ... wonder if it would be wise to follow thru with the buy ??? everything about this sale looks bogus ... and he's been found out ??? see if you can get a phone # ... to ask questions .. before the bucks .. go AWAY ... bill

Ok, so has anyone actually talked to, or messaged back and forth with this seller? Just asking, I hate to burn someone at the stake on speculation. Not that I could ever afford to spend so much on marbles, I don't want to see anyone get burned either. Probably best if these auctions were avoided and ebay alerted, and looks like you are all on top of it. :) lol Curious to see what comes of this, if you purchased marbles be sure to update us. You too Steph ;)

Ok, so has anyone actually talked to, or messaged back and forth with this seller? Just asking, I hate to burn someone at the stake on speculation. Not that I could ever afford to spend so much on marbles, I don't want to see anyone get burned either. Probably best if these auctions were avoided and ebay alerted, and looks like you are all on top of it. :) lol Curious to see what comes of this, if you purchased marbles be sure to update us. You too Steph ;)

Gary, he didn't respond to my queries. I sent him two. In one I included a link to this thread. I shall be looking for his contact information but not to ask him to defend himself.

At least 15 of the 23 marbles he posted for sale using pix from Joe's site are firmly and comfortably in private collections. Including the Golden Rebel. (I think the count might be 16 confirmed, but will say 15 to be safe.)

Sorry, Gary. This isn't speculation. He offered marbles for sale which he didn't own and didn't have on consignment. He will take in over a thousand dollars for marbles he doesn't own if all the bidders pay.

I have sent an email, use a SnipIt tool to save of pictures of the posted marbles, and have fall back on PayPal complaint resolution as always should sale not prove to be on the up and up.

I wouldn't pay for it, Okie. Not yet anyway. Good chance Joe actually still has them, and if he doesn't have them, then good chance he can tell you who does.

Your Paypal payment won't be protected if the seller closes his account right after he receives the money. By the time you have evidence that the marble isn't arriving, it could be too late.

I'd talk to Joe before I sent payment. If you've already sent payment, you could file a protest right now. Paypal suggests you wait, but last I heard they don't actually require it.

paypal will back your money. no worries. I had a sale that went south once, and I asked paypal what would happen if the person closed their acct. they told me no worries. I would get my money back, and then they would deal with the seller thru their banks if nothing else. and they made good the money! no idea what happened to the seller at that point.

but I still wish this guy would remove my picture!

Does this person have other ebay id's? Has anyone dealt with them in the past? The user id looks familiar but I haven't bought marbles is so long, I just don't remember. With all those attempts at contact, I'd have to say something is certainly not right. Especially when no one knows who this is, yet you know where the marbles are that were used in the photo's. Good thing you used paypal Okie, hope it all turns out ok.

paypal will back your money. no worries. I had a sale that went south once, and I asked paypal what would happen if the person closed their acct. they told me no worries. I would get my money back, and then they would deal with the seller thru their banks if nothing else. and they made good the money! no idea what happened to the seller at that point.

That's a relief to hear. Well, Okie .... let us know, please!

While that may turn out to be the case - it isn't always. I had a contemporary marble maker rip me off for $500 and Paypal acknowledged the transaction but said I was on my own. I was out $500 and Paypal was completely useless.

Meanwhile - Mike Edmondson disappeared with my money.

I had a similar situation about 6 months or so ago... The seller just seemed to skip out... There had to be a dozen or so others on eBay, that were in the same position as me... I was only out a few dollars, but others were out 4 to 5 hundred... eBay paid me my money back, but don't know about the others, I suppose they they got there money back too...

I had a conversation with Marblealan probably 3 to 4 years ago... Regarding the photos of some mibs of his I had just won... I asked him if I could use his photos to repost the mibs if I wanted to sell them... He said as far as he was concerned I bought the mibs and the photos were mine too, if I wanted them... I have had that same situation with two or three other sellers, and all of them had no problem with me using their photos... Point being, in each case I was granted permission to reuse the original photos...

By the way, I haven't sold a marble in the last 3 or 4 years, other then the Decatur Marble Show this year...rolleye-842.gif

This guy has been selling under mikesWVmarbles, mikeswestvirginiamarbles, and other combinations like that, for several years. If I'm not mistaken, there's a thread concerning him in the "Trouble with Triffids -- er -- ebay dealers" thread on this board. But this seems like the worst of a long line of bad sales for him --