What's Up With This Creep???????

m!b$

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all i also bid won and paid for an auction with this guy. I thought it was odd that a pelt MCS was listed and the seller failed to mention that the mib had a HUGE swirl of oxblood. Man I hope this is not the case! I was really looking forward to this pelt. Guess I should get on with Paypal recovery :( Thanks for the heads up wish I had seen this thread sooner.

Hey all i also bid won and paid for an auction with this guy. I thought it was odd that a pelt MCS was listed and the seller failed to mention that the mib had a HUGE swirl of oxblood. Man I hope this is not the case! I was really looking forward to this pelt. Guess I should get on with Paypal recovery :( Thanks for the heads up wish I had seen this thread sooner.

Just went to Joe's site and saw my mib in the Pelt catagory page 15. I have a headache.

I don't think ebay will do anything about him until enough buyers file Item Not Received complaints, and that means the seller has seven days to respond to each complaint. In the meantime, he will probably continue with his scam. I hope I'm wrong.

Went to EBAY this morning. They didnt have to show me the door because I didnt get in the door. The reception area was way across the campus instead of front center I was told. I did get to talk to 2 lovely ladies that were going back to work in the toys building. The made a call for me and got this number for their fraud division. Which is in a different part of my city. Hope the number helps 408-376-7400.

What is the exact site / ebay store / whatever , from which the grandpamarbles came?

I'm having trouble finding them.

(sorry for the triple posting of this. I'm putting it in all the relevant threads hoping the right person will see. Need it to tell ebay.)

When a buyer files a claim against the seller, payments to the seller's account, or funds already in the seller's account, are held by PayPal for the amount of the transaction(s) being disputed, and are not accessible to the seller until the dispute(s) are resolved. So once disputes are filed, there's not much point in continuing to list items, as any payments made will be used towards reimbursing ripped-off buyers.

(That's my take on it, anyway.)

Ebay's final answer on my questions. From their Trust and Safety forum.

He's a low volume seller & will be stopped if he has a couple claims. All we've established is he steals photos. The co that made your marble made them for 70 years so he might have it. Since he does not respond & has no items for sale, & you've already decided not to pay him, let the other buyers take care of him & they will if there's a problem.

They really don't understand marble collectors, do they? lol. Peltier made Golden Rebels for 70 years? And if the seller does actually have a golden rebel to send, I wouldn't have any grounds to complain even though it wouldn't be the one in the photo he stole from Joe's site?

File your claims everyone! Get them on the record!

got thru to live chat yesterday at this time and filed a claim as well.....

I believe after I sent this via live chat with their fraud department and they substantiated it, his auctions were no longer permitted:

Hi, I am a marble collector who collects HIGH END MARBLES….I bought a marble from a seller who at the time being has the name mikesXXXXXXXXXXXXmarbles

The marble I purchased from him is a High end Ravenswood Swirl……here is the completed eBAy transaction# XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The problem is that this item and others that this person has sold and have listed right now are in the possession of other collectors. I have tried and so have others, to make contact with the seller and none of us have been contacted back. He has already STOLEN hundreds of dollars by fraudulently listing items that don’t belong to him. The items are High end marbles……. What course of action can I and others take to get our money back?…….He only got $25.00 from me on my auction but got hundreds of dollars on several other auctions…..If you check protocol, I am sure you will find that there have already been complaints pouring in about this seller….. so can’t there be something done about allowing this individual to continue ripping off buyers?

I am not someone being vindictive, as I have a list of other eBAyers who have been ripped off by this guy too. Here are some other fraudulent auctions that have already closed that have been CONFIRMED merchandise in other peoples collections:

Great!

Yesterday when they were talking to me they were treating me like I was the problem (since I wasn't going to pay) and they didn't seem to see anything to suggest that he was the bad guy rather than me. After all he had a 99.1% feedback so he must be okay. As a non-payer I'm not able to file a claim and if I even get as far as negging him he can petition to have it removed. They wanted me to pay the $717 and then trust their appeals process to get it back - if I won my case.

I hope you nailed this shut with your claim, but in case not I hope that others will file too - and leave negs! In case he slips back on. aaargh.