Wirepulls

Most of those just look like swirls to me. I think there is a lot of confusion about true wirepulls and swirls. Champion made several that resemble wirepulls. Other WV swirl companies also made swirls very similiar to wirepulls but Champion probably did the most.

Ron you are right sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a wirepull and a swirl.

I've 2 boxes full of them cause they're easy to find here,but I doubt many times if they're are all true wirepulls.

Almost all of mine have a clear base with a white continuous swirl edged by a color.

I found here also exceptions such as only one color swirl with no white.

And a few with a colored transparante base.

I agree with you that can be confusing.

winnie

Champion can present a collector with numerous problems when it comes to Wire Pull IDing. I know of three Champion types that could confuse: (1) Whirlwinds that were made expressly for the House of Marbles in the 1980s, (2) "Stormy Weather" named by Charlie Stutsman and shown in his advertising and (3) a variety sometimes called Spaghetti (actually I think a Vitro marble garnered the same name). David

I just got this one...probably a swirl. It has this strange gold circle on it. I got three the same day that have this gold marking on them but they are different styles. they were brought to me by someone who had purchased them at an antique store for what ever it's worth... I'll have to post them together on a new post later...Nancy

post-2751-129253979316_thumb.jpg

post-2751-129253984151_thumb.jpg

post-2751-129253987337_thumb.jpg

Nice wirepulls in this thread, A blue/white in clear glass shooter was my fav when I was a kid. Still looking for it.

Nancy, the circle you see might be from the marbles being wet or underground at some point, likely a "rust stain". It makes sense if you get a marble wet, the moisture or drop will go to the lowest point multiply that by a few decades and you'd get a stain similar to what you're seeing there.