Jabo Observation & Question

m!b$

I'm content to wait till I see some good ones that I like on ebay, then I'll bid on them. That's the only way I acquire marbles.

You'd be better off just buying groups from someone such as Burt. I have bought from Burt and highly recommend him. If there is something you don't like about what you receive, I bet he would work it out for you. (not trying to put words in burts mouth) LOL Its cheaper than ebay, better service, and you can make a nice connection with someone. Some of my favorite Pelts also came out of Florida!

I'm very picky. That's an understatement. And I hate to accumulate stuff. Also an understatement. Chances are that I wouldn't find even one keeper in a large lot of marbles, and I don't see any in all those pictures. Not trying to start anything, just explaining the way it is.

This is the marble I bid on and didn't get. Wish it had more than two views.

Jabo

That is definitely a respectable Jabo marble but I'd probably sell it from that particular run along with a few others of similar attributes/aesthetics straight out of the shoot at $12 to $15 each or in combination with a fine mix averaged out to around $7 or $8.....and I'd still be out of the ballpark with the prices that some of these guys are offering them at. For full disclosure I should say that I have never been much of an auction person/buying or selling. David

I'm very picky. That's an understatement. And I hate to accumulate stuff. Also an understatement. Chances are that I wouldn't find even one keeper in a large lot of marbles, and I don't see any in all those pictures. Not trying to start anything, just explaining the way it is.

Jabo

You like busy patterns, this one is nice:

jokerlot335a.jpgjokerlot335b.jpgjokerlot335c.jpgjokerlot335d.jpgjokerlot335e.jpgjokerlot335f.jpgjokerlot335g.jpgjokerlot335h.jpgjokerlot335i.jpgjokerlot335j.jpgjokerlot335k.jpgjokerlot335l.jpgjokerlot335m.jpgjokerlot335n.jpgjokerlot335o.jpgjokerlot335p.jpgjokerlot335q.jpgjokerlot335r.jpgjokerlot335s.jpgjokerlot335t.jpg

J335 JOBO JOKER PREMIUM 9 COLOR SUPERHERO WAVEY LINES

Mib$, First let me say that I love your Avatar. I have a "Tortoishell" cat setting in my lap while attempting to type this. She keeps trying to catch my mouse scribe as it moves and blinks across my monitor screen.

I have reconditioned many Jabo marbles, (took out the white contact point's in earlier ones and as made imperfection in later ones.) I have seen the interior (broken) of many Jabo's and they all have stripping that runs all the way through them. I put this up to just back up what sissydear and others have said. I will say that if you have any of the earlier (last couple or three years or longer ago, time gets away from me) 1" white base oxblood Jabo marbles (I believe these were experimental at the time) you have some very, very fine Jabo's. IMO----Leroy----P.S. They remind me a lot of the Akro milky Oxbloods.

Jabo

You sound like me concerning the Jabos. I have maybe a dozen. They have to be just right (appeal to me) for me to want them. Very few would make the cut. I'll try and post a pic later of my favorite ones.

Sometimes different qualities of white are available at the plant to be used as the base glass.

I can only speak for the Jabo Joker team. We choose the color we will use and we bring it with us, or arrange to have it shipped from outside sources, to the plant. Over the three years, we have used a few different base colors.

We purchase base glass and a wide range of striking (colors) glass from outside sources for each run.

Each investor group differs in their approach to the process.

I get the impression cold cream jar cullet sounded weird. I was at the factory two days ago visiting with Dave McC. I reminded him that he once told me Old Spice aftershave bottles were his favorite quality cullet a few years back. He confirmed this. I cannot speak to investor runs and what he likes to use as this was about something before them. Some older production Jabo marbles are cleaner and more defect free than others and maybe it is because of Old Spice.

I'm going to have to start sniffing some of these marbles; give 'em the Old Spice test. Cold Cream Jars have been used since time immemorial. I know what cold cream smells like too as I've used it many times removing make-up after theater productions. Clearly we have discovered a whole new way in which to ID marbles! David