A Flame For David ( :

Steph

Yes it does look flamey. And there are numerous other marbles that do as well. I do though get a little nervous when I see an established marble characteristic (CAC Flame) being misapplied to an established hand made marble (Onionskin). Only confusion can reign. The machine made production of flames has been clearly established by certain machine manipulations and the frit stretching in Onionskins has been clearly established by hand manipulation.....or something to that effect and never the twain shall meet. David

I doubt that it's going anywhere as well and most people aren't into the more refined aspects of marble production or have a handle on the more esoteric descriptions for CAC Flame Swirls. So, it's probably harmless. Just so we don't start a discussion as to how many exaggeratedly stretched Onionskin frits qualify it for flame stature! Let's see, that would be three? David

Definitely more than 3.

But not too many or they wouldn't be separate flame points anymore. Unless we had a theoretical marble, in which case we could have infinitely many, even uncountably many, true flame points though they wouldn't be visible to the naked eye.

thank you, thank you very much.

Galen,

I just have to say that your '4' post totally cracked me up.

I would also like to point out that I have a 3/4"- or 19mm (less than 1/64" from a shooter), wet mint minus condition, Sky Blue, Yellow and Orange Shooter Flame Swirl. A great example of the Sky Blue color with the Christensen Agate striation patterns in the color. The Orange color also has some mottled appearance which is also another Christensen Agate trait. The wide flat flames have a fiery shape and movement. A very colorful marble not diminished in the least by its paltry flame count! David

Oops! Forgot the kicker here which is that this magnificent Christensen Shooter Flame Swirl has 2 1/2 flames!