Peltier Citrus

mon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did your last paragraph have to do with whether or not Citrus marbles and pieces were found at the factory? I don't see how including your last paragraph would have changed my question, or your eventual answer - should you have actually chosen to answer my question.

Steve, I knew that you had mischaracterized Mike's contributions on the board. For example, I had seen materials he had posted which you said he never shared.

I wondered why you felt the need to speak for him, especially about details which to me seemed to pertain very little to the Citruses. For example, why would a marble which looks like it was made from mid-1930's or later glass show up on an urn dated 1931?

Even if we don't have "proof", we have evidence with which to make educated guesses.

I will probably not change my quoting habits. I had a reason to focus on what you said about Mike's sources. The rest of your post was still there for all to see.

These are not my words but Galen's from the first page

:

A lot of folks can agree to a story for big bucks at any time and any place.

I'm just using the same rules as to those that have many people, not all, scared to buy these exotics.

Weren't citrus prices chump change compared to the money paid for exotics?

Maybe it's really true about the cullet & marbles being dug. Just after making the final good stuff, the rest was buried and dug up......in 2002. lol

mon

lol ^_^

So what's your theory on who would have had the skill to make them?

Does this thread going on for 3 pages, mean that

my Peltier Exotics (I mean my Citrus's )

Will be going up in value any time soon??

If so when the market for a Lemon Lime hits $1200.00 ea.

Will some one please PM me? They are the only ones I want to

sell at that price. THe reason being I have seen more

of this type than the more & rare Exotic ( I mean Citrus types )

Since this seems to be a querry as to how

long these have been around.

I found 2 in my cull as too strange to keep with the

others. I found them After they were given a Name.

I started collecting in 1987. I don't remember where or what

year

I purchased the lot that had the Exo. I mean Citri mibs.

So as to when they were first introduced to the marble

world is still a ?

If they are still making them I would like to have

another set.

BTW, How many are in a set now? 6? 7?

thank you for this thread.

It makes every marble I have worth more $$$$$.

After all that's why I got into the marble biz.

Then again I'm broke so that must not be the reason??

Hum! I'll get back to you on that.

marblemiser

PS.. If anyone has a green lantern to trade for

a Lemon Lime Citri. PM me at this no. BR 549.

An urn with every Pelt ever made? Give me a break. Many of the Pelt marbles are color variations of other types caused by a variety of conditions. And good heavens, one just has to look at The Citris type marbles to tell they are original vintage Peltier machine made marbles.

I don't think that the Peltier Citrus were ever called "EXOTICS" or are we trying to call them "EXOTICS". I have heard them called quite often...."Peltier 3rd Run". What makes you think fakes go up in price? UNLOAD...DUMP lol

Steph: Weren't citrus prices chump change compared to the money paid for exotics?

Depends on your definition for chump change.....I was offered the common ones by Smitty for $150, I think. I averaged close to $550 for my CAC exotics. And good heavens, one just has to look at The CAC Exotics type marbles to tell they are original vintage CAC machine made marbles.

So, would it be worth it???? 10,000 pc run (min) x $150.00 per pc (min)

mon

Not you miggles!

I forgot to add, the reason I didn't buy was, All that I looked at with my Popeel(sic)150x pocket loop, all had tiny air bubbles that formed a little tic-tac-toe form. This can't happen in a pre 2003 machine made marble, as I'm sure you already knew.

mon

Hey Steve, you might want to talk to Gino. Seems he never remembers saying (all the types). Heck the thing barely has any slags on it. Peltiers main production for years. And some of us think the production of Citri was probably a little after 1931. I wonder if it is 1931 production marbles

post-87-129357030884_thumb.jpg

Hey Steve, you might want to talk to Gino. Seems he never remembers saying (all the types). Heck the thing barely has any slags on it. Peltiers main production for years. And some of us think the production of Citri was probably a little after 1931. I wonder if it is 1931 production marbles

Super artifact!

Seems like it could be a snapshot of marbles manufactured in the year it was made. Anyway, very cool.

I believe the urn to be predominately 1931 marbles, but Gino does not necessarily agree with me on that.

The back side of the urn has a whole lot of those solid color purple boulders, that I haven't seen anywhere else. I have some chinese checker size purple Peltiers.