New Peltier

Chuck G

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job members, keep the nice photos coming as well as your comments and insights on this pelt. This is how we all learn from newly found marbles. The salamander could possibly be a lone wolf (experimental) or a run. In my rarer pelt collection i love having two of the same run to prove it was a run however once in awhile i stumble onto one lone wolf pelt that is looking for a mate. In time they may SHOW UP and as we keep threads like this going forward!!! Ya gotta love it!!!

Sorry about that.

But as I said, I'm not trying to be neutral. It would be a lost cause.

Before yesterday I was trying to be neutral on this topic. Then yesterday, someone asked me specially to give my opinion in this thread and now that I've gotten interested in it, I'm participating just like any other member of the board. As a real live human who is interested in a beautiful marble.

Hey Nancy, great photos of the salamanders and all i was wanting to do is to open up everyones mind to the great possibilities that peltier had produced. I DO NOT intend to create a controversial disagreement between members because these types of boards is where we ALL LEARN including ME. I named it the salamander because if you look at Nancys photos i think it fits well. Its a catchy name and now that it has kicked around on the boards more or less everyone likes it. In my 38 years of collecting a name or two here and there does not hurt a thing, especially if it fits and brings the great excitment towards a specific marble. After all we drive the market with new information being put out there and the desires for those who seek great pieces to add to their collection. These are a few thoughts that i wanted to share!!!!

Ive been him hawing around with this awesome mib for a while now, i dont have an answer only theory so instead of holding it in ill take santas advice,, my guess its a hybrid one of this type

post-127-129571298005_thumb.jpg

and maybe it was a run to run along with something like this

post-127-129571302603_thumb.jpg

at any rate it sure is facinating mib non the less, but my guess is a hybrid ,,, bj

Just my two cents.......Chucks marble is a awesome marble, no doubt. I think it is an exceptioal Peltier multi color. If there was a run of this marble type and someone wanted to name that run thats great. But if only one or very few have been found I doubt they are the product of a run but more then likely were made during changeover and should not be named. Since it's Chuck's marble he can call it whatever he likes but the general marble collecting public will not have a clue what it is unless you have the marble inhand to show them.

Charles

Just my two cents.......Chucks marble is a awesome marble, no doubt. I think it is an exceptioal Peltier multi color. If there was a run of this marble type and someone wanted to name that run thats great. But if only one or very few have been found I doubt they are the product of a run but more then likely were made during changeover and should not be named. Since it's Chuck's marble he can call it whatever he likes but the general marble collecting public will not have a clue what it is unless you have the marble inhand to show them.

Charles

I agree,salamanders come in every color you can imagine,awsome marble Chuck.Would love to see more pics,I will guess the size is 9/16":)

Hey you ole sea dog you are right!!! All i care about is promoting this wonderful hobby with information crucial to the advancement of marble collecting. Opening the minds of nice people to look beyond the main stream into a more understanding and breakdown of great beautiful piece of art work is my goal and nothing else. For those who know me, know this!! Oh yes i do want to see your salamander, sea dog!!!

Hey you ole sea dog you are right!!! All i care about is promoting this wonderful hobby with information crucial to the advancement of marble collecting. Opening the minds of nice people to look beyond the main stream into a more understanding and breakdown of great beautiful piece of art work is my goal and nothing else. For those who know me, know this!! Oh yes i do want to see your salamander, sea dog!!!

Eat your heart out Chuck! This is my Salamander.

post-1558-129574293937_thumb.jpg

Hey Chuck - I TOTALLY agree with you about "more understanding and breakdown of great beautiful piece of art work is my goal" and this is one reason I am starting to collect marbles.

Another equally important reason to me is that I like the colors/designs in the marble.

Having such knowledgeable people here, posting their stuff is important to me in my path of understanding - thanks all!!!!!