Marbles On Tv

flanco

Saw an ad for the History Channel program "American Pickers" last night. They are supposed to find some marbles next week. It airs on Monday night, if you want to see it. Don't know what kind or how many, but it might be interesting.

The producers of American Pickers called me last month about this episode wanting some history of marbles. I tried to get them to send me a picture of the marbles so i could tell them what they had and give them an approximate value but they never did. Don't know if they found out the value or not.

They are supposed to credit me at the end of the show. I will watch to see what they find!

Craig

www.buymarbles.com

I want to tape it also but this is what it showed for the Monday (Jan 31st) episode on their website. Is this the one??

------------------

Mike and Frank find themselves in a high-risk situation when they are chased by a crazy emu who roams a farm in Tennessee that the boys are picking. Once they've escaped from the bird they manage to rescue a much sought after fireplace fa ade. Danielle sends the guys to Frank Wolf, who gives them a golden lead to a guy called Jerry Lotz, where Mike buys a Schwinn auto-cycle bike for a $1,000 and Frank leaves with two rare BB guns. The guys finish up their trip by surprising an old friend of Mike's, Ruby Guidara, a famous Nashville set designer. They purchase an old dentist chair from her that Mike thinks would be perfect in a Lady Gaga video, but when they take the chair to an appraiser they hear some surprising information.

Pretty disappointing after all that hype in the promos. Didn't get a very good look at any of the marbles. I have some marbles I would love to sell to those guys. I seriously doubt that they got $500 for those marbles. Only thing shows like that do is drive up the price of junk marbles.

The seller was on top of his game with all the offers that where made! Outside of the cast iron fireplace surrounding I think they lost money. Got to love all the drama with the bird! I think the seller was hoping maybe the bird would scare some sence into them. The seller seemed please to see them carry that heavy ass cast iron fireplace across that feild with all is animals honing in on them. Funny stuff for sure!

ya, lost money on the mibs but making up for it with the kfc retirement pin, its on ebay with 8 days to go and hes already gonna make a killen,,, frank needs to get burned a few time as much as he undercuts the people, ide deal with mike before frank, seams nicer... bj

Agreed. Frank can also get kind of whiney. "But you gave Mike a deal on that...." I too would rather deal with a guy like Mike. Much straighter shooter.

I find both of them annoying but especially Frank. I think it is probably just sheer jealousy, pure green envy.

I am surprised they suddenly were into the marbles. Recently they had an episode where a woman said "those are just my old marbles" and Frank bought the Apothecary jar next to them. Of course we don't know what happened off camera but they sure didn't seem interested.

I have noticed them passing on things I wouldn't. Not long ago there was an old dresser/chest of drawers they pooh-poohed. I was stunned...they were being rude about it. The piece itself was nothing but the 8 (or more) sandwich glass pulls (knobs) were certainly worth getting. I looked for years (literally) for replacements for a dresser of mine and $45 a piece for the small ones are a bargain.

Does anyone know if those guys have a web site? Do they sell on e-bay?

hey its t.v. ..im sure those guys get lotsa stuff we dont even know about...they buy lotsa signs...some of the ones bullet riddled i was told were junk and my experience at fleas and auctions that they dont sell at a very good price...they rust fast if the enamal or poreclin is damaged...they buy what they know about...anything old gasoline stations is easy to resale...they dont like glassware and i cant blame em there....danielle can pick my junk anytime....

well I have been picked I was selling some ladder jacks , well sold a bunch of stuff and got all his money $176.00 dollars . almost had him back out when he saw some rummage stickers for $2.00 of a fire extinguisher he picked for $35.00 For me it was a good day to be picked . I think he just started . but I package stuff till I got the wallet empty . Mike