Steph

M F C: Show And Tell?

great info so far, just a start in my opinion,,, also, they laughed at me when i showed this old beat up orange mib, but i figured it was special, lololol,, bj

ORANGE2.jpg

I also long wondered why they were misspelled in several marble books as "Persion". Who was the original book writer who goofed up? Sorry folks, ex-teachers never quit using the red pen.

FYI -- I can't remember which book I saw it in (unfortunately I've never seen a box of Persian Turquoise in person) -- might have been Block's on MFC / Christensen -- but I've seen a photo of an MFC box on which the word "Persian" was misspelled "Persion." I think that's where the original error occurred, and others, maybe even in an effort to be "accurate," persisted in sometimes using the term . . .

I went down and visited Brian last month or so and he was gracious enough to show me around his gallery and workshop. I learned more in two hours than I did in two years about marbles regarding colors, construction, and chemistry, for which I am grateful. This isn't a homage to him, just a thanks for passing on his knowledge. That's the key.

Craig

Bumping an old MFC thread.  Was fortunate to have acquired some nice MFC brick and opaque shooters a while back and thought I'd share some pics.

30.2 mm Persian Turquoise

30.2 mm Hand Gathered Turquois 1368X1368.jpg